1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

value of a gun? Union members?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shootrman, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Here in Pa. the AFL-CIO holds a reginal and state trapshooter event. Held for union members, their families and the public. With that being said, I was forunate enough and bless in winning a gun at this shoot for high Union Member. This gun is a Remington 870 CUSTOM COMBO EXPRESS,12ga., two barrels, but the interesting part is the stock was specially lazor etched with the AFLCIO union label logo. I am told there is only 2 of them in existance. Could anyone put a value on this gun? I am to pick it up at Gander Mountain and when I asked about the value they told me the gun is about $500. but they couldnt put a price on the gun because of the etched logo. I'm not being ungrateful, its a beautiful trophy but for me, I have plenty of guns but I use them and I cant see using this gun to shoot or field hunt with. I think its best to be in the hands of a collector and thats why I have decided to part with it. Any suggestions are appreciated and thanks ahead of time....Rich

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I ain't touchin this one!! This thread has potential. Where's Grammy when you need him? :)

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

No extra value, most would say it harms the value.

And I'm a union right wing gun nut. (Bricklayers union, the kind that still believes in a hard days work for a days pay}.

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

To my knowledge, there is no Remington 870 collectables out there, let alone a attachment for "express" models.

You might look for a Jimmy Hoffa fan, he might want it.

I used to be a union nut, but I woke up finally.

5. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

I think you'd be better off holding on to it as a nice trophy. I would hang it on the wall next to all the others. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

6. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

Was it UNION made????????

7. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

The logo might add as much value as a compass or lazer etched picture of Obama installed in the stock.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I would treat this as the less expensive dinner guns, like DU and Pheasants Forever.

they used to give out Mossbergs with a DU logo on ticket raffles.

It is an 870 Express, and that's it.

Now for the good part. If it is a good keepsake for you it has more value. But just to you.

I do not believe there is any more potential for the gun in a sale than any other similar gun.

So shoot it, hunt with it, or just hang it on the wall. You can be the judge.

HM

9. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

Or put it on Gunbroker and pray that 2 union members both want it very badly. Only the market can set the value on a gun like that one.
    dju

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I'm a farmer...and an 870 fan...but I ain't gonna touch this one!

11. overbored

overbored Member

If it really is a union gun it wont work, and you wont be able to shoot it on weekends or holidays..

Hugh

12. missed some

missed some TS Member

well being a union member who works weekends and holidays, what do you want for it mark crist

13. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

See! There is a seat for every saddle.

14. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

It will file a greivance if you shoot anything but low brass aa's in it.. plus think about all the paper work you will have to fill out if you want to dis assemble it.. then as soon as the doves start coming in and you need it you wont be able to find it.. it will be hiding in the bushes waiting for break time.. lol..

15. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Wholesale on that thing is $405. Probably worth a lot less because it won't work straight time and only fakes it on overtime!!

16. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Thanks Guys... This is what I needed to hear. Thanks for your thoughts

17. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Several good ones.....I like the greivance thing, how true how true.

18. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

When you shoot it and miss a target, there is a button on the side that you push and it will blare out "It's Bush's Fault". Also if you ever win any money shooting with that gun all winnings will automatically go to the Obama 2012 reelection campaign.

19. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

Can right wing & AFL-CIO be used to describe a person?

Is that kind of like a bacon loving vegetarian, or have I been misinformed?

20. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Where I come from, bacon IS a vegetable. My daughter says chickens are, too, they just move a little faster than most vegetables.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.