1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Value of a Beretta Mark II ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rookie tim, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rookie tim

rookie tim TS Member

I looked at a Beretta Mark II today in a gun shop. It had a 34" barrel and seemed to be in nice shape, not loose at all. What is this gun worth approx. ?
    Thanks,
    Tim

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

about $250-$350 tops

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

$600.

Berettaman7

4. Trauma901

Trauma901 Member

According to 2008 Gun Digest:

Mark II Trap
    A 12 guage, boxlock single-barrel trap shotgun with a 32" or 34", full-choke barrel, competition-type rib and automatic ejector. Blued with a checkered, Monte Carlo type, walnut stock. Manufactured between 1972 and 1976.

Exc. V.G. Good Fair Poor
    700 625 525 450 275

Doug

5. new loader

new loader Member

Buy $350, sell $550. What is the price tag on the one you are looking at?

<a href="http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f26/newloader/?action=view&current=MKII_2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

6. rookie tim

rookie tim TS Member

The gun I was looking at had a price tag of $725. It had nice wood and a heavy barrel. I thought I read somewhere that these were very good shooters in their day. They also had a Ithaca Century Trap 34" setting beside it that was in nice shape for $650.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

you can get an older BT 99 for that

agree with tBuy $350, sell $550

make them an offer of 300 if you want it

Gene

8. Murphy

Murphy Member

Bought a
    Century I few yrs back at $550. very pretty gun but I shoot my 870 TB better.

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Tim: You are in luck - a gentleman named Reginald Todd Sr., who posts regularly on this forum, knows more about the Mark II than anyone around. I'll bet that he will reply soon. Secondly, be aware that at least half the people who comment on the Mark II will confuse it with Beretta's cheaper beginner trap guns from the same era (e.g. their Trap Special). I cautiously bought a beautiful Mark II several months ago for $595 out-the-door and it turned out to be one of the best deals I've ever landed. The gun is built like a TANK, the barrel walls are about 1/10" thick at the muzzle, the ejectors and everything else work perfectly, and it shoots GREAT. Low recoil too, because it is massive. I had shopped Ohio guns shows for 16 months looking for a decent affordable used BT99 or BT100 but the only ones I saw for under $850 were too roughed-up for my taste. I "compromised" by buying the Mark II and it turned out as no compromise at all. No choke tubes, but full is all I needed. The $725 price you mentioned sounds just a bit high, but maybe you can negotiate and get yourself a superb singles gun. Good luck.

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

PS: Tim, there's a decent-looking Mark II on Gunbroker right now but it has a release trigger.

11. new loader

new loader Member

This is an unrealistic price in today's market. $995, dream on.

12. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

I have a friend that bought one new and has shot it several thousand rounds. It became loose and he took it to the Grand last year and wanted Beretta to tighten the action because it was loose. Their reply was the gun was a throw away as they did not design it to last forever. They would not fix it.

I told him to call Coles and ask them if they would fix it and they said yes.
    They repaired the gun and he is very satisfied as they did their usual good work.

This is for your information as I though you should know.

Dave

13. Toddy

Toddy Member

GW22,

Thanks for the kind comments, and Rookietim, you won't go wrong with a Beretta MarkII as I bragged before on a thread, I have shot 300 straight Singles in 1 shoot with my MarkII and this last Sunday shot 50/50 and will die with this gun.

I paid $500.00 Canadian for mine and it was in 90-92% shape and the only thing I have had to replace on this is a firing pin because I used to dry fire twice before shooting registered targets to make sure everything was working but I never used a snapcap and that is what broke the firing pin and will never happen again as I bought pairs of brass snap caps from Motordoctor and they work great,,,also I release the hammer after every shoot before storing and with the pin having something to hit, the shoulder of the pin will not crack and eventually break from dry firing.

As for the 1 that you are looking at, Trauma901 has it exactly for price depending on condition.

First thing you do is make sure the MarkII fits you and watch out for "cast on" , "cast off" because some of the pre-owners of these guns had the stocks bent to fit themselves, if the gun fits you will still have to take it out and shoot it at 18ft., yes feet, and this will tell you exactly to where the gun is shooting for the way you are holding it and you will probably find that the gun shoots high and this is ok as long as it's not too high. (mine, I had to shave 1/4" off the stock) because it was 6" high and the removal of 1/4" dropped it to 3"'s high at 18ft and that is exactly where I wanted it to allow for the rising target in singles and it works for me.

A lot of experts will probably comment on the above words, but that's ok, if you try it you will see what I mean. Every time I make any adjustments to any of my guns, the 1st thing I do is shoot at a mark on paper at 18ft. to see where the gun is shooting to the way I hold it and remember, every time you change something on your gun or the way you hold it changes your point of impact. If your gun shoots flat (field) then you cover the target but if it's a trap gun it should shoot high and you can float the target a bit and you'll crush them with your "full choke" MarkII.

I sold my MarkII once and after 1 year bought it back and will never let it go again, and I believe that if you buy this gun you will be happy with it especially if you shoot in trap competitions this old workhorse won't let you down and price wise I have seen them as high as $900.00.

Goodluck, hope this helps.

Reginald T. Todd Sr.,East Sooke, BC

14. jrb

jrb Member

I purchased my great uncles back in 94 after he passed away and sold it not too long later. I wish I had it back. The last time I heard about it was at Bartelmays in Morton, IL back in 99". I wish I had it back. The forcing cone was lengthened but that's all was ever done to the gun. If anyone knows of this mark ll please let me know! I sold it for $300 back then and Bartelmays had it for $550 if i remember right. To me it;s more of a sentimental thing!

J. R. Brock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta mark 2 value

beretta mark ii

beretta mark ii trap gun

beretta mark ii value