1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

value of a 1993 camaro pacecar?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by OHIO GUNNER, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OHIO GUNNER

OHIO GUNNER TS Member

I am looking at a 1993 pacecar, in perfect shape. It has the LT-1 motor and the corvette trans, 15,000 miles, and is in PERFECT shape except for a broken CD player and it needs a distributor..... I think. It runs good when it is cold and when it gets hot it runs rough. It is complete with T-tops. Some of the decals are still in the packages.

I need some opinoins on prices and whether this is a good car or not a good car to buy. He is also not sure on sale.. but he likes me.

Thanks!

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Listen to Jack..he knows of what he speaks

P.S. You can always spend 15 grand to make it run like a Ford too

3. PING

PING TS Member

What???? who drives a ford??? They should give you money to drive those things. PING

4. PONG

PONG TS Member

naw those pacecars are pretty sick, they do the quarter in like 13... and they are more stock than my wife

5. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

If you want to make it run like a FORD, i will send you my old boat anchor and 20 feet of 3/8" chain........ BIG JIM

HANG ON, THIS IS GOING TO GET UGLY.....

6. PING

PING TS Member

I saw a ford once, it didn't work. SAD. PING

7. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

sounds to me like it already runs like a ford

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Camaro's are for people who can't handle the power of a Mustang.

9. PONG

PONG TS Member

naw my 1976 corvette with a 454 would make ur mustang go HEHEHHHHEEEE or whatever horses do lol

10. PING

PING TS Member

WHATS A MUSTANG, oh wait the car. Thats like driving any other car, no power. Go for the camero ohio gunner. PING

11. PONG

PONG TS Member

seriously, the camaro pacecars are worth more money when they get older, this one needs afew more years and NO MORE MILES. I would offer him about 10 grand...plus some to fix your distributor..but then again this is when they first started to play with a lot of electronic parts so it could be something very simple.

What do the rest of you think?

12. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Get a real car. Mustang's forever!

13. PING

PING TS Member

Mustangs are nothing even compared to a dodge charger which aren't very good. A camero is a much better choice for all!!! PING

14. CalvinMD

Pong ..Bring on your Vette

15. PING

PING TS Member

The vette could take it. Even if it does win, it prolly will break down before it even gets back from the race, sorry, its a ford. PING

16. CalvinMD

P.S. the problem with that car is most likely a sensor...O2,..Idle air control and a few others possible...also..check the plugs to see if you have any with a lot of fouling...I had 95 Chevy truck that kept popping intake gaskets..ran fin cold , but when things grew when it got hot I had 1 cylinder drawing oil from the intake/lifter galley area

17. PING

PING TS Member

Royce10,

Your actions as a poster on trapshooter.com deeply hurt me. I find it sad how people on this site must always be attacking someone. It is not nice. I have bee a poster on here for many years, but my brian decided not to store the info needed to remember my former password. Many may no me as a former name that I will refuse to annunce. But in the end I do thank you in helping me come to the decision to retire from my long trapshooter.com postings. Even though I may be a turd, it still hurts me and makes me feel very bad. So I will no longer post due to your calling or me as a "turd." I will miss you all. PING

18. CalvinMD

see how well the nitrous is hidden : )

19. OHIO GUNNER

OHIO GUNNER TS Member

What nitrous? haha what motor is that, its too dressed up for me to tell (and I am not farmiular with ford)

but I also see the jeep/hummer in the background. I have a 79 CJ-7 (with no wheel bearings right now lol)

20. CalvinMD

Its the boss 302.. thats just as it came from the factory...7500rpm redline 12 to 1 CR 4 bolt mains solid lifter cam, factory headers , all forged rotating assembly, 4bbl Cleveland Hi-Po heads Toploader 4spd 9" locker rear with 3.90 gears

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.