1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Value of a 1935 Winchester Model 63

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Olyolyoxenfree1, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olyolyoxenfree1

Olyolyoxenfree1 TS Member

0   0   0

I have a 1935 Winchester model 63 .22 semi-automatic with a pop up peep site.
    I know that there were only 174,692 made. The first 9800 were made with a 20"
    barrel. The rest were made with a 23" barrel. I have number 8077. I am
    not anantique gun collector and do not wish to keep this gun. The condition
    of the gun is 98% if it is not 95%. It is absolutely perfect. I have researched the value using the Blue Book of Gun Values and a few gun enthusiasts. If it is somewhere between 95-98% the value is
    between $975.00-$1100.00. But because of the rarity of the 20" barrel, the book states that one should tack on 100-150% of the value depending on the
    condition. That would make the gun be worth, at 95% $1950-$2473, and at 98%
    $2200-$2750. I know that the book is not the absolute final word, it is just
    a guide. But I would like to sell the gun this weekend at a gun show and I
    would like to know what is a good price to ask for and what is the absolute
    lowest price I should accept? Thank you in advance for anyone who might
    be able to help me.
    Thank you,
    Kristopher

2. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Nice, high condition Model 63s are usually advertised for $900 or less. Use gunbroker.com completed auction search feature to see what they really sell for. You have to log in to get to the completed sales information. No big deal. They are great guns but there is not much variation for collectors. All advanced collectors already have nice prewar examples and don't need another unless it is unfired, mint condition. If your peep sight is not factory original, your gun is just another shooter.

3. Olyolyoxenfree1

Olyolyoxenfree1 TS Member

0   0   0

Don't really need to post any pictures. The picture that RickN posted is
    exactly what it looks like. The metal aboove the trigger looks more like the barrel, blue steel. Peep site is original. Have not checked out Gunbroker.com
    yet but i think it will be more than $900. Not too many collectors would have
    one of these consideringthere were only 9800 made. Thank you for your input.
    I will still check it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1935 winchester model 63 for sale
model 63winchester value
value for a nice winchester 63
winchester model 63 1939

winchester model 63 value

winchestermodle63forsaleinoregon