1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Value of 32" BT-99

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ed Y, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have an old style original 32" BT-99 that I'm going to sell to a new shooter at our club. I had no intention of selling it when I lent it to her to try but after shooting it she just has to have it. I really want to be fair with the price. The gun is in pristine condition. It's one of the early ones with the red stained stocks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ed Yanchok

2. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

Value of 32

My guess $800.00 to $1000.00

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Value of 32

That price is right Ed...800-900 since its 32"...depends on how generous you are feeling towards getting a new young lady into the sport

4. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Value of 32

I would think $900 in the condition you describe. Jack

5. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Value of 32

What type stock? Straight or Monte Carlo? What type forend Beaver tail or Competition? Some things make it lil more desirable and worth that lil extra.

But as they said depends what you paid and how generous you feel and well is it something you just cant live without?

I just paid 900 for a mint BT99 with choke tubes. 8-900 for any mint older BT is fair the older 1s are built better then the newer 1s in my opinion as I have owned both the newer 1s have forend issues and lossen up faster.

Jerry

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Value of 32

With as many new lady and junior shooters coming up, I wouldn't let the 32" barrel affect the value one wit.

I'd want a 32" barrel for a new and smaller shooter.

7. dhip

dhip Active Member

Value of 32

Depends on what you want . Just saying,I bought one this past spring from a friend,it has a release trigger in it,Love it,all I'll say is I got it lower than all prices mentioned,friend said he wanted me to be able to get a little more for it in case I wanted to sell it. He felt the release would get me a few extra targets,have to admit,I've run a few more straights with it than I did my Citori.Selling it ain't happeninng,as my wife expected when I got into this sport 3yrs. ago,I feel I'm going to become a hoarder,it'll probably be in my possesion when I'm long gone.

Doug H.

8. WTW

WTW Member

Value of 32

Ed, just let her use it. We have a great guy at our club who has given away more than a dozen guns to new shooters to get them into the sport. Browning, Winchesters, Kregs and a Kolar, not to mention some cheaper ones. His is a great guy and ask nothing in return, can he aford it ? No but he doesn't shoot any more and just injoys watching others enjoy their self.

Just be a great guy and give it to her. She will never forget.

Ted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.