1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

value of 30 Inch 1100 trap barrel Mod choke

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LaPlata, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaPlata

LaPlata Member

Whats a good street price/value for a remington 30inch trap barrel modified choke.
    Condition is excellent and it has a step rib.

2. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner Member

TTT,

Chuck if you don't get any response try SuperX Jeff or Cubancigar2000.

They generally have a good feel for what these barrels are selling for.

Will

3. LaPlata

LaPlata Member

Wow, I thought a step barrel (trap) would be worth more. Thanks

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Step rib 30 inch factory modified will bring 250.00 plus freight. What a choke tube barrel of modern make sells for has NOTHING to do with the price of this barrel.

The barrel is not RARE but not common either. If you are looking to buy one, you won't be able to do a simple internet search and find a step rib trap with a fixed modifed choke from the factory and stamped as such.

Flat rib trap modified barrels are not nearly as desirable and will normally bring 175.00.

So... If in a hurry sell it for 200.00. If not ask 250.00 and it will move. May take a little while but when somebody is looking for one thay will snap it up as the barrel brokers want 300 or more for them.

A choke tube barrel may be more useful bu trapshooters are a diffrent bunch and some will not own a barrel with choke tubes. Jeff

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Mark... That wasn't the question and not the point. The question was what is it worth. Everything keeps going up and while extracting the last dollar from an item isn't always needed, there is no reason to give something away that is worth far in excess of you asking price. To each his own..

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Must be different Gun shows than I have been to in the last 30 years. 1100 barrels for $35? I see stuff on occasion for stupid low prices and also would buy the lowball stuff.After being in the gun business for a long time you see everything, but expecting low prices is fantasyland LOL. Another Jeff

7. mag410

mag410 Active Member

Some folks are incapable of comprehending that an item can possibly be worth more than what they are willing to pay.

Not 5 minutes ago a Remington 1100, Full choke, vent rib, LW 20 barrel sold on eBay for $256. It was worth $256 as that is what someone was willing to pay, and it was worth $251 to the second bidder as that is what he bid. The third bidder topped out at $200.

I would not have paid more than $125 for it, but that is no relation to what it was "worth".

Michael

8. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

This new gadget called the internet has a few more people on it then your local gunclub.

Price is determined by the market not by what one man is willing to pay for an item. The barrel will sell at between 200 and 250. Just because I don't want it will not change that in any way!

If he wanted to sell his barrel for 150.00 there would be guys with blisters on there fingers from hitting BUY IT NOW!!!

Look.. I don't have any idea what a street price is. That sound like buying stolen goods out of the back of a van to me. The value based on what I have seen these barrels sell for on a regular basis is between 200 and 250 and as high as 275 for a NIB barrel.

Mark, You find one for sale for less then 250.00 anywhere. I would like to see it.

Here is

REMINGTON 1100 TRAP BARREL - 30"MOD. - STEP RIB

Item Number: 947665874

Listed in category: Remington Shotguns > Autoloaders > Trap/Skeet

Item condition:

Used, Minor Wear
    Item number:

12 Gauge
    Item location:

$285.00
    Shipping:

This is a closed sale from Gunsamerica.

It sold for more then my high estimate!

9. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I was wrong. This barrel is probably worth more than I thought. I deleted all my posts on this thread. Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1100 30 inch barrel

30 inch barrel with modified choke trap

remington 1100 30 barel mod choke