1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Value of 1947 Remington Model 11 Sportsman

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Boss 2, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boss 2

Boss 2 TS Member

0   0   0

I have a very clean 1947 Model 11 29" barrel full choke which I purchased from a good friends uncles family after he died.
    The gun has engraving of a duck on one side and a pheasant on the other.
    The gun is all original in great condition with absolutely no rust, almost perfect bluing, etc with only the normal nicks in the stock.
    I have enclosed pictures as I am trying to identify exactly which model this is.
    The barrel stamp next to the receiver is A SS which I am told is the date of manufacture Jan. of 1947 but can anyone confirm this?
    I am going to put it on the market and would like to be as exact as possible.
    The serial number on the receiver is 768541.
    I know that there are 6 or 7 different types of this gun but do not know which one it is.
    Thanks for your time Tom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

One of the last of the 48's. The 11-48 was introduced in 1948 and replaced the 48. Nice gun $250 to $350.

3. art g

art g Member

0   0   0

I e-mailed the blue book info to you so hopefully that helps. If the gun was one of the higher grades it would book out a lot stronger. At the same time, you have a very nice gun that you should have no trouble finding a new home for if your price is reasonable. Also, your original post says the barrel length is 23" so you might want to edit. Best regards and good luck with your sale! Art G.

4. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Very nice late model 11. Sportsman denotes only 3 shot capacity.
    I had this gun's twin in a 16 guage.
    This is probably one of the only Model 11's that did not have a choke device put on the end of the barrel. LOL

I would think that $300.00/$350.00 would not be too much to ask.
    A heck of a lot cheaper than a A-5 Browning in this condition and vintage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1947 remington model 11
1947 remington model 11 shotgun
1947 remington sportsman
how much did 1939 remington 11 sportsman cost
remington model 11 sportsman for sale

remington model 11 sportsman value

remington patient number look up for 1947
value of remington model 11 shotgun