1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Value/Info On COLT Frontier Scout Recolver

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by DB Bill, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

I've got a COLT Frontier Scout Revolver w/Dual Cylinders -- .22lr and .22 Magnum. I bought this new a long time ago and basically forgot about it until I ran across it while visiting home over the holidays.

It's the blue model with fixed sights, black composite grips, in the box with original warranty card and tool to change the cylinders. As I recall I fired a few shots thru the .22lr cylinder but the .22 Mag hasn't been used at all.

Pistol is like new and the conditon of the box is amazing for being so old.

Any idea on value in this kind of condition?

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Last one I saw went for #375 but it was probably about 90% with one cylinder and no box. These guns are getting more and more popular as a lot of the SASS shooters like them for low cost practice sessions.

If it were mine I would not worry about it's value so much as I would take it out and shoot the crap out of it.

3. SCL

SCL Member

I bought one from a lady that had some wear from sitting in the holster, one .22 cylinder, and the original box. Not bad shape, I'd say 85%. My local dealer gave me $350 toward a Bushmaster for it. I was happy!

4. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

My Dad bought one new in the 60's, sold it, and we got it back a couple years ago. It has the box and both cylinders + the tool to change the cylinders. It has been lovingly used over the years. We gave $350 for it. I would email Scott Weber at www.gunrunnerauctions.com. He has these on his sight from time to time and would be able to give you a good idea what it would bring at auction. They are fun to shoot!!

Doug Allison

5. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

I will go 350 pm me

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Any collectors value to these? I think there were different model series werent there?

I had a dual 22/22 mag no box that I traded awhile back- probably should have kept it because they are fun to shoot although they have pretty bad triggers and those dual cyl ones arent very accurate but you arent paying for that- you are paying for a fun gun to shoot

Regards from Iowa

Gene

7. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

They made a bunch of commemorative guns back in the 60's and 70's and you can find those all over the place -- unfortunately the owner's see them as a vehicle for their retirement.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Commemoratives are generally worth less- a lot less

Regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.