1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Value for a Gamba Daytona w/ Extra Barrels?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by shotgunnersteve, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunnersteve

shotgunnersteve TS Member

0   0   0

Hi all,

About a year ago, I took a Gamba Daytona trap gun as a partial trade on another shotgun. With the economy like it is, I don't even know where to start as far as pricing it. It has a little wear to the blueing on the receiver, but is in great shape. It has an Umberger stock and a Morgan adjustable pad. The barrels are 30" and 32" respectively. One set is ported and the other isn't. Both are fitted with Briley Astro chokes.

What are your thoughts? Just looking for a ballpark number, as I haven't taken pictures yet, and would imagine that condition , etc. would be factors. Thanks in advance for your help!

Steve Feld
    Phx, AZ

2. shotgunnersteve

0   0   0

Think I might have finally figured this picture stuff out?
    [​IMG]

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

0   0   0

I sold one several years ago for $3500 34" top single with 30" O/U.

Gambas are a hard gun to sell. I've owned a bunch of them and shoot them well Better than anything else I have shot; but the triggers don't hold up. I have E-mailed Gamba several times with no answer but their warranty person is Dennis Delcamp. Since my gun is not a new gun I understand that rebuilding the triggrs will cot around $500. Every one I have had wouldn't sustain any more than 35,000 rounds with out starting to double. In this market I would think anywhere from $2500 to $4500. The gun might be worth more if you br4eak it appart and sell one of the barrel sets sepratly. You should be able to get $1000-1500 on a good barrel set.

Joe

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

0   0   0

Steve Just saw the pictures it's a newer Gamba you might be able to add $1000 to th price. I would blue the receiver it shouldn't cost you much and it would improve the apearance considerably. Nice stock. I would still say that $5500 is all the money and then some in this market.

Joe

5. shotgunnersteve

0   0   0

Thanks, Joe! I was hoping it was still worth $4,500 or thereabouts. I'll take your advice and blue the receiver. If you're ever looking, let me know and I'll work with ya!

Regards,

Steve

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Tough sell - with both barrels and assuming it is in excellent working condition but with the exterior finish wear I would say $1750-$2500

Thats if it is in excellent working condition now- if not-- geez dont know

regards from Iowa

Gene

7. jo-jo

jo-jo Member

0   0   0

If you are interested in a original factory release trigger for a Daytona model. Give me a reply and i'll give you my e-mail address.

8. jo-jo

jo-jo Member

0   0   0

9. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

This is from the current Blue Book.
    MONTREAL 90/91 AMERICAN TRAP COMBO
    - 12 ga. only, 32 in. barrels and adj. impact, single 34 in. barrel, interchangeable trigger assembly.
    Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
    $2,425 $2,000 $1,820 $1,540 $1,400 $1,260 $1,120

If your Gamba is the newer edition then the Book has this.

DAYTONA (2K NEW SERIES) & VARIATIONS
    - 12 ga. only, monolithic boxlock action, SST, ejectors, detachable trigger group, blue or chrome finish standard, available in either Hunting, Skeet, Pigeon, Sporting Clays, Olympic Trap, or American Trap configuration, deluxe walnut with fine English scroll engraving with game scenes. New Daytona series started in 2000. Importation began 1990.
    Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
    MSR N/A $9,100 $8,500 $6,000 $4,300 $3,700 $2,950 $2,400
    Add $1,102 for Sporting Clays Model.
    Add approx. $1,600 for removable trigger group.
    Add $1,530 for New American Trap configuration (disc.).
    Add $2,000 for Daytona combo package (disc.).
    Add $4,160-$4,958 for extra set of O/U barrels.

Good luck.
    Mike Battista

10. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

jo jo, There was only 1 factory release trigger ever built, I converted one about 15 years ago to double release for a friend of mine who also owned the original release trigger.

11. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Beautiful wood!

12. shotgunnersteve

0   0   0

Thanks for all your feedback, guys! I forgot to say that both sets of barrels are over/under and not the usual single and O/U in typical trap sets. Picture doesn't really show that...

Steve

13. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

0   0   0

Mike,
    Unfortunatly that book is as usless as tits on a bull. ? What would you buy one for. The book uses a formula for value baised on the MSRP of a current model gun and divides it by a factor for the used value. In this instance market factors dictate the value and not a book.

I wish Steve all the luck in selling his gun and hope he gets a good price but adding $4000 for an extra set of barrels when you can find several whole guns for sale at that price or less is unrealistic.

Just my oppinion
    Joe

14. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

0   0   0

Toolmaker not so I had 3 experemental ones from Hk The one you converted I believe I sold about 15 years or so ago to a shooter in New Jersey or Pensylvania. It had a cylindrical section that engaged the hammers and was movable by a set screw. I got my guns and the triggers from Charlie Sunderland around 1990 when he was the VP at H&K. I still have one if you would like the prototype to use as a pattern for release conversions.

Joe Goldberg

15. shotgunnersteve

0   0   0

Bump to the top for more ideas and potential buyers!

16. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the offer Joe, but I no longer make releases. I was given a factory release by a Pa. shooter and a pull pull trigger group. I converted the pull, which is pull pull, release pull, pull release or release release. What ever suits your fancy the trigger would do. It was a very well designed trigger in my opinion. Karl Lippard some how was involved in the original sale of the Gamba and at the 1996 Grand he wanted to have some Release triggers built to move some of the guns. I never got around to converting any more. I do know the one I converted was sold to a Maryland shooter at Thurmont around 1997, It was a combo gun. The factory trigger is still retained by a Pa. shooter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gamba daytona 2k

gamba daytona sporting

gamba daytona stock

gamba montreal

gamba shotguns barrel for sale

gamba spare interchangeable trigger