1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

value 4E

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike T, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike T

mike T Member

A friends dad has a Ithaca 4E. It has a 32" barrel with a Sn# 30xxxxT. Sorry but I don't know much about these guns. He might want to sell it. What would be a fair price to offer him? Anyone know how old this one might be? I remember seeing these some when I first started to shoot trap in the early 70's. At that time I thought they were a rich mans BT-99.
    thanks mike t

2. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

By the serial number, it appears to be a Flues Model built shortly after WW1, or in the early 1920's. Ithaca changed to the Knick Model in 1924. Price will depend on condition ie. case color and blue percentage, stock modifications (if any), barrel modifications (if any), and action condition (top lever to left or right of center, action looseness on frame, etc.).

I know that this probably isn't the quick answer you are looking for, but these are really no longer a competitive trap gun, but a collector's gun. So, condition is everything. The gun really needs to be examined by a reputable collector/dealer to give you a fair idea of price.

If you will PM me, I can provide you with a short list or reputable collector grade firearms that can give you an idea of it's worth.

3. mike T

mike T Member

TRY
    Rough value?

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

$1800-$2400

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

The Flues are great guns and every bit as good as Knicks. They are just harder to get fixed and harder to find parts for. They break birds the same. They are worth less money. Nice ones are worth the above mentioned price. Look on gun broker or guns international you will get the idea. With the entire serial no I can tell you what year it was built. The knicks began with 400 thousand and above. Bill

6. mike T

mike T Member

What is the difference between the two models? How can you tell one from the other? This one 's sdram # is 300000the range with a T at the end does that help anyone with the value?
    Mike t

7. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

To sell it you need to find someone who wants it.

How about a few pictures?

$600-700 if in fair shape

$1500 if really nice

8. Mapper

Mapper Member

They are cool old guns and a joy to shoot. There are a few guys around who will work on them. Sometimes they need tightening up or a new chamber ring, but would likely shoot forever. And yeah, cheaper than Knicks.

9. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Mike T get ahold of me I can direct you to a couple of guys who will treat you fair and have a market for the gun. Steve Manary

10. chikeneyes

chikeneyes TS Member

they really chap my a-- old guy next to me at the last shoot smoked a 100 strieight not to bad Did again the next day so I asked how long he had been shooting that gun said 37 years He has it figured out

11. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I guess he & the gun are one

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.