1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Valmet?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wireguy, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Can anyone tell me something about Valmet shotguns? Not much info available online.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Shot a Valmet 412 model i believe it was. Very good shooter seemed very well built. Not very good resale value at all. You can find them for a great price. I don't know the availablity of parts is why i passed on the one i tested./----Matt

3. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

THey had some great variations. Much like the old 32 and 3200 Remingtons with the sliding breech cover. Had available combos with rifle/rifle, shotgun/rifle. I think....they even made some for Savage in the seventies.

Great guns, relatively low price. Don't know about parts.

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

They break ejecters and the ribs come loose. If you take the springs out and have the rib resoldered they last as long as anything out there. Tikka bought them out. I do not know if they still make the gun or not. Here is one Glen Hartliept engraved for me in the 80's.

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC00086.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC00077.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

5. vatrap

vatrap Member

I have 3 of them and like them a lot. I have a older 412 with skeetmaster tubes, a 412st trap combo and a 412st sporting clays gun. They usually have great looking wood and the barrels are interchangeable without having to be fitted.

Like a previous poster stated, they will break ejectors, I finally broke one after have them for about 5 years. The key is having a couple of coils cut off the ejector spring. All of mine have had it corrected now.

Parts are fairly easy to get from Russ Gould in Canby,OR by mail order and are reasonably priced. I think the ejector was $40 plus shipping. They are still being made by Marocchi and the parts are interchangeable all the way from the first 412 through the current model. Try this link for parts if you are interested. http://www.doublegunhq.com/searchFrame.htm

Mike

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Probably the most under rated shotgun ever made, period.

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INFORMATION.

8. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Save your ejectors by replacing with Beretta springs. Easy fix. The ribs are a nightmare for some owners.

9. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

I had one in around '86, in my gun of the week stage. It was a solid gun with nice wood. The problem was it had 32" barrels and was barrel heavy to the extreme. It was also a very flat shooter, not the best for trapshooting. I had it for a month or two then traded it for a BT99 and an 870.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.