1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Valmet value?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by whopper1, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whopper1

whopper1 Member

Can any of you knowledgable people tell me the approximate value of a overunder Valmetin 12 ga. I think it is a model 412-has choke tubes,decent wood, in about 80%condition.

Thanks for your help
    Dave

2. whopper1

whopper1 Member

Surely someone knows an approximate value for this gun?

3. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

Had one i sold a few yrs. back for 550.00 i called it my value k-80 they are not bad guns just a little hard to get parts for.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Actually they are very well built guns and good shooters. My friend had one and it was a great shooter. If i recall they don't demand a great value so can be bought for a good price. Seems my buddy paid around $1000 for his 412 with adjustable comb and fixed medium height rib. I believe that included 3 chokes as well. As another poster stated parts are harder to find but most gunsmiths can make the vital parts. Don't know if this helps but is all i can offer.---Matt

5. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

2009 Blue Book
    Valmet 412 Trap
    100% $1040
    95% $695
    80% $580

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Oregunner---Thanks for your Blue Book post. If anything i got an education on the Valmet worth. Seems my buddies was about 90% condition so he took a decent pocket hit when he bought his. I guess a gun is only really worth what somebody is willing to pay though.---Matt

7. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Sometimes you pay more, sometimes you pay less. As long as the buyer and the seller are happy, it is a good sale. I just picked up a Franchi Faconet 20 gauge O/U in like new condition from a gun shop for $225! They normally don't deal in other than utility shotguns, didn't know what it was, let alone what it was worth, and were glad to move it. I was trying not to grin too much! They must have paid less than that in trade when they took it in, so they were happy, as was I.

8. shark1

shark1 Member

Check the internal parts becuase some do get surface rust. Valmet blue is very good, and rember do not judge a book by the cover. Check the gap in the top latch. lastly check to see if the numbers match becuase Valmet's are system guns for adding additional barrels. My father shoots one and I think, I might take it from him some time. Very nice guns. try and find a top single for it. Mike Sharkey, DC

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

you see them for 400-600

regards from Iowa

Gene

10. whopper1

whopper1 Member

Thanks to all for your advice. With that in mind, I just may buy it although at this point, I really dont need it-just hard to pass up a good deal.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.