1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Valmet shotguns anygood?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by djcuda, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djcuda

djcuda Member

I had a Valmet 412s and put well over 10,000 rounds through it with out any problems.If you check gunbroker.com I think that you will see that for the most part they sell for more than 750.00 just for an o/u.Mine was a 3 barrel set.26/20,26/12, & 30/12.I sold the set for 1600.00.There seems to be a loyal bunch who really like these guns.They are the same as a Tikka 512 and are referred to as a poor mans Krieghoff.
    Good Luck
    Dave

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

They have issues of the rib coming loose but other then that the gun is more then 750 bucks worth. Lets put it this way.. I don't think you will buy a nicer gun in that price range. I would check and see what the parts situation is. Jeff

3. trap4u2

trap4u2 Member

For $750 take it. They are good guns, I parted with my combo two years ago for an unsingle and have been kicking my donkey ever since. I still have the first Valmet I ever bought over 25 years ago it has well over 50k rounds through it and the only thing I had to change was a broken firing pin. Good luck with it. Joe B.

4. FinGun

FinGun TS Member

I've shot a 412ST for about 10 years now and I LOVE my Valmet.

The ribs did come loose on both the single and O/U barrels. I sent them to Simmons gunsmiths is Olathe, Kansas and they fixed the problem

They are very durable and I have two sources for parts. I got a brand new in the box 34" bbl. for Christmas and it is a real shooter. I now have it as a three bbl. set.

The $750.00 price is about right for for the gun you described.

You can find some advertised on GunsAmerica.com.

charly

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Buy it, then trade up to a Mossber!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
are valmet shotguns any good
valmet 512 trap barrel
valmet combo guns

valmet shotguns

valmet shotguns for sale