1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Valmet 412SC / Winchester101 diamond Grades

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sero, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sero

Sero Member

Dec 7, 2007
    A few questions guys.
    1. I have access to a Valmet 412SC with 32" barrel with changeable chokes.
    The gun is every bit a 95 to 98% condition gun and it is for sale at $500.00.
    I know they are supposedly out of business but what are the pro's con's on this gun.
    If in perfect conditions is it a good deal and how do they generally shoot?
    Do the have any nagging problems?

2. Is there a way I can tell if my recently aquired 101 Diamonds have had any special trigger work done to them?
    The trigger pull seems pretty nice to me but then I've not shot a gun yet that has any kind of special trigger. At least I don't think I have.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    John Seroczynski
    Rainy and icey in Valparaiso, IN.
  2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Dec 9, 2006
    Fellow shooter has the valmet412 trap combo. Bought it for 625. Nice gun I shot it a few times helped him pattern it. His ejector broke. looked like a fatigue issue. He now just uses the single barrel. He found a ejector and some other springs and pins that are comon wear items at Numrich?? out of New york. He just hasnt had the new ejector fitted.
  3. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998
    Bemidji, Mn
    sero, email me and we'll talk. will be home around 6pm. dennis. drop them x's
  4. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

Jul 6, 2007
    A buddy of mine has the combo. When he bought it had a broken ejector. So, I sat down and TIG welded it, then filed it to fit. Took me about half an hour to do the work. He had checked out a weld shop that wanted $20 to weld it. The ejectors breaking isnt really a big deal. Steve
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

valmet 412sc