1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Valmet 412

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Springer Man, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Springer Man

Springer Man TS Member

Looking at a used Valmet 2 barrel set. 34" single and a 26" 2 barrel. Don't know anything about this make of gun. It looks like a quality gun. But don't know for sure. Thought maybe I could get some help from a few readers that know alot more about trap guns then me. That is about everbody that is on this site. Thanks

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Jesse, They are quality built guns. One thing to look out for is loose rib. They are famous for it.Also expensive to fix for a fairly reasonable gun. Bill

3. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Jesse, I ment expensive to fix loose rib problem.

4. greengael

greengael Member

I have had success with attaching a loose rib on a 412 single barrel using Loctite black max 380.I own two of these receivers and four barrel sets and use the trap combo for ATA and the 30" o/u for skeet.I like the guns.fwiw

5. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I've got a friend of mine that has run about 200,000 shells through his. The only thing he has replaced is one extractor....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.