1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Valmet 412 ST Help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cimmaronkid, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

Friend just bought a Valmet 412 ST that only extracts hulls and doesn't eject. I looked it over and couldn't figure out what the problem is. Springs are there, but I don't enough about these guns to help him. Any help would be greatly appreciated by him. Pat

2. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

Friend just bought a Valmet 412 ST that only extracts hulls and doesn't eject. I looked it over and couldn't figure out what the problem is. Springs are there, but I don't enough about these guns to help him. Any help would be greatly appreciated by him. Pat

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I club member shoots a 412 combo st. I do not think his ejects it just exstracts?

4. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

I can push the ejectors into positionwith my thumb, but it seems there is no catch to trip them when you open the gun. I will have him get some longer springs and try this, but I just don't see any type of a trip mechanism on the gun. Does anyone have a schematic of this gun they can share? Pat

5. Montagnana2

Montagnana2 TS Member

Like REM90T, after breaking three ejectors, I had to shorten my spring some for the Valmet I used to own. I imagine that's what's been done to your gun. Other than the difficulty of getting parts, it was a very strong, very good shooting trap gun, and is in fact still being used regularly by one of our club members. Sorry I don't have a schematic.

By the way, I have an excellent release trigger for that Valmet 412 top single, if anyone is interested.

Larry

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Some parts were removed to make it do that. All those guns broke ejectors so some guys removed parts to stop the problem. I have one I bought new in mid 80's that gunsmith did the same thing to. Still have the parts around in the gun room somewhere. My son is shooting the gun now ran his first 100 with it this summer. Bill

7. vatrap

vatrap Member

Pat,

Everybody is one the right track, I have 4 Valmet 412s and all of the either had

the springs shortened or I had it done after I bought them. If you leave them at

the stock length sooner or later you will break one of the extractors. I have a

new set of springs and they are 2 5/8" long. There should be a small L shaped

lever on each side of the lower barrel, it's the ejector trip lever. If they are

in the correct place (under the U shaped sheet metal cover)it should work. If

you need any parts contact Russell Gould at xxruss@vh2q.comxx. He is importing

the Tikka 512 and most of the parts fit.

Mike

8. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

Mike, thanks for the great help. They aren't there so I will see if Russell has some tomorrow to make my friend happy. The gun seems to be extremely well made, and I am suprised that they didn't catch on better. Pat

9. vatrap

vatrap Member

Pat,
    It should look like this with the cover off.

Mike

10. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

hi, as long as we (valmet owners) are all together, do any of you have for sale or know of a set of 20ga. bbls for sale? dennis. p.s. pat, i have a manual and could copy and send schematics but not until after the next few wks as deer season starts here this wkend in mn. you might have to remind me!!!

11. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

Noska, thanks and I will send you a reminder. Good luck on the dear hunt. Pat

12. dwtrap

dwtrap TS Member

You can get the parts at Pats Gun Repair 459 9TH St SW Wells,MN. 56097 OR Call 507-553-5730
    dwtrap.

13. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'd leave the gun as extractor only. As others have noted, the ejectors are the weak link on a very nice shooting gun. Several of my friends shoot them regularly and have replaced 3 ejectors. We changed them to extract only and no further problems.

14. Montagnana2

Montagnana2 TS Member

REM90T,

Sorry for the late reply but I've been offline for a slight operation. My release trigger was made by Pat Gottberg of Pat's Gun Repair, mentioned above. It's excellent and I never had the slightest problem with it. I put the gun back to a pull trigger for the new owner. I paid $250 and would take $125.00 for it. I used it for about 8 months. Contact me privately if you are interested.

Thanks,
    Larry

15. mike b.

mike b. Member

Here's a parts schematic and one of Russ Gould's email addresses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.