1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Valmet 412 Help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RayReys, Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RayReys

RayReys Member

Anyone know how to keep the little pin thing from rotating and dropping down, which prevents the top lever from engaging the locking mechanism?

1st pic shows it rotated halfway; 2nd when it's in place (properly?). After a few rounds, the top lever goes loose and I can't open the gun...I have to remove the stock; then I find the pin rotated so that it's able to drop down...

any suggestions? My older guns have been giving me some grief today.

it's the pin thing to the right of the spring in the pic:
    Thanks all.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

ray, the second pic is correct and when you slide the stock on, thats what holds it in place. has your stock been grooved out to accept release trigger(s)??
    mine came out once and i had a heck of a time getting it back. felt it going again at a registered shoot so i grabbed my backup and took the receiver to the smith there he cleaned the area put a drop of epoxy an it. never a problem since. dennis

3. RayReys

RayReys Member

I've been away from here from a few days - Thanks Dennis! I'm going to check right now -

4. RayReys

RayReys Member

huh - nope, not grooved, but there's what seems to be a nice amount of open space between the wood and stock -
    Edit: I just finished sticking a piece of ply as a shim - let's see how that holds up :)

Thanks again!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.