1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vagner Plast website - wads for steel shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joe kuhn, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Vagner moved in with Helarco and here is their new website. We shoot the VP60. I just sent an email to their US guy (see media contacts) to see if they're producing anything here. US guy is in Tampa, FL.

Joe

2. joe kuhn

Got an email back from Casper who says they're going to produce their full line of wads here in the US, which will start when they get some new molds in by the end of Jan. The wads will be modified for US shooters, especially the roof of powder cup which is a problem because of the types of powders used here. We shoot double base powders here with nitro, while they shoot single base powders in Europe.

We noticed some blow through on the roof of the powder cup leading to a funny sounding pop when fired. My quick fix was to downgrade from a W209 primer to a Remington, but I don't like the extra cost. Another guy increased pressure on the wad, but we don't know how that effects speed and pressure of the load. The real solution is to thicken up that roof. Appearantly they've heard about the problem and intend to fix it.

It sounds like we'll be seeing the VP60US soon. I wonder what the price will be. Will try to call Casper next week when he's back in FL. Also like to know if they'll be publishing recipes.

Regards, Joe

3. joe kuhn

Note the website says they make their own molds. This might be an advantage in keeping the costs down.

Check out the Products menu. There's a Customer Product menu item. Looks like they made a custom wad for somebody. I've never heard of that before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

vagner plast wads