1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vacation in Texas

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Setterman, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The Wife and I are planning a vacation in January, and would like to go to Texas. Thinking either San Antonio, or Corpus Christi. Are there any major shoots in January? Which town has the most/best gun clubs, sights, entertainment? What weather could we expect. Any place we should avoid?

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Corpus has a very nice hotel, the Omni, on the bayfront. The Republic of Texas Steak House is outstanding. It is in the Omni. You could then drive out to the Corpus Gun Club and shoot. I don't think they will be registering any targets. Hank Shaper is the manager. If you decide to go to San Antonio, you could shoot at the San Antonio Gun Club. Hundreds of great restaurants and stay on the River Walk. Hope this helps, Roy

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Lots to do in San atonio, love it there. Real neat old hotel next to the Alamo and close to the river walk called Emily Morgan. Rooms have hot tubs & used to be reasonable

4. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

What to do something different for her. Take her on a wild pig hunt? Lol

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I'd love to try it, but "poopsie" would rather go sight seeing.

6. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Huge diamond back rattle snakes in Texas. Wear your snake boots. Lol

7. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

I love Big Bend country! If you want food and shopping....San Antonio & Austin are your spot.

8. cubancigar2000

He is right on about San Antonio or Austin.

9. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Kerrville, North, N'West of San Antonio about 60 miles - beautiful and Olympic Training Site - all games from Am. Skeet thru Bunker Trap. Kerrville is about 20,000 pop. and not expensive.

10. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Rosey, I can help you with the entertainment if you want. Just off us 10 I know a good place..lol
    Teet

11. cubancigar2000

setterman - if you do somehow end up in San Antonio, treat your wife to the Emily Morgan Hotel. From there you can walk and see a lot on the Riverwalk. You will be her hero

12. cubancigar2000

Setterman = you might want to contact Mike Hesson from Victoria Trap club. He has some photos of some real beauty around Galveston.

13. englishupland

englishupland Member

Corpus Christi was OK, but I probably wouldn't choose it again as a destination, but the Padre island was neat to tour for the day..

check out the 777 Ranch....Good stuff

14. Mismost

Mismost TS Member

1. Texas is just too dang big to pick just one place......plan to move around and see a little bit of it.

2. If you choose San Antonio, don't forget the National Shooting Complex....shotgun heaven. Call 210 688 3371 ext 125 and get the dates that they will be having Open Shooting, talk to Amber...they are not open all the time.

3. Be sure to drive up in the Hills to Bandera...neat little cowboy town with a great gun club 830 796 4610.

January in Texas....dress for any kind of weather condition...you will see it all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hank shaper texas

hank shaper trap shooting