1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Va. State Shoot results?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SAMC, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAMC

SAMC TS Member

Can anyone post the results of the first two days?

2. kolargirl

kolargirl TS Member

How about from the first three days now? Please? Anyone?

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

There is nothing up as of this post but the above web address will have it sooner or later.

Bob Lawless

4. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

Optimist!!!

5. dshot

dshot Member

That place has not changed in a 100 yrs. the pony express should be riding on Monday.

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

dshot are you from Va.? If so did you go to the State Shoot? If you did what were the results? After all someone asked a legitimate question and all you have to add is sarcasm. Maybe one reason that the pony express is needed. What say you to these questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

P S the state I shoot in doesn't even have a website and they don't seem to want one. Gee maybe it all the support that other states and associations receive. Duh Ya Think

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

One result from the VA State Shoot. I shot fairly well and won nothing.

Pat Ireland

8. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Pat Ireland,

I was at the VA State shoot yesterday and today and while I didn't happen upon you yesterday, I did see the pins in the case that you donated to the glub. Amazing collection!!

This was my first major shoot and I just went to watch, but it was fantastic. Especially the mini tornado on banks 5 and 6!!

Luvn

9. chipking

chipking TS Member

I shot there Fri, Sat and today. I had a great time but didn't win anything. I was squaded with Jim Wilson on Friday and it was a pleasure to shoot with him. Got to meet recurvy and martin, luvenbearhugs1 and Quack Shot and a lot of other great folks from many different places. The shooting is only part of the great experience. My pop up sun tent was part of the debris that was piled up down near bank 6 after the mini-blow. All and all a great (and interesting) time.
    --- Chip King ---

10. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

I just got back as well and had a great time. The crowds were large and some days pushed the time limits, but VTA did an excellent job with what was given to them. Everyone was polite and the grounds were in great shape. Clay Floyd cleaned up in the Doubles(think he won them all!!!). Looking forward to shooting Southern Zone for a few days. I live in PA, but have never shot that event. Again great job to all involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Graupp

11. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Chip King...it was great meeting you! Luvn, Quack shot, Mike and Melissa, Larry and Marna from Rochester NY (Marna took High Lady in HC on Sunday), Liz, Bob and Kay, Dave and Patty, Debbie from PA (she won high Lady in the Singles Championship on Saturday), John Elmore, Ken, John (Delaware delegate), Rick and The Vet from the Shore, The Babins, Tony, Jody and JoAnne, Gary and Kaska, Trapmanjohn, DixieSpecial 25, Pat Ireland, and Antique...so much fun to spend time with all of you and to shoot with some of you! Looking forward to the next shoot. Anybody going to West Virginia?

12. recurvyarcher

Congratulations to my sweetie...Martin Wilbur. He took the Open High All Around, and he also won AA Open Doubles for Sunday.

13. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Aline & I had a great time, it was our first trip to Winchester. We were very impressed with the line staff and the condition of the facility. Great breakfasts and Lunches! If you haven't been you should.

We unashamedly set up our demure dome tent adjacent to all the Charlie Daniels tour bus campers and spent a great evening under the stars. Sadly our evening was slightly marred by a malicious vandalism however. As we returned to our humble campsite after the singles championship shoot off, our mouths set to devour our inch-thick ribeye steaks, we were horrified to notice that our patio furniture and coolers had been viciously molested.

There were few clues left at the scene to aid in determining the perpetrators. Curiously we did find two golf balls in very close proximity. Were our high-dollar tour bus neighbors sending a message that they didn't appreciate our homeliness??? Just then we heard snickering from the rear. Spinning around do identify the source, we spotted two very guilty looking characters--one an imported gent from Kansas with a bird on his leg, and the other, a female archer out of Maryland, reportedly the Kansas stranger's side kick.

Once confronted, they attempted to bamboozle us with some sort of convoluted campground initiation ritual at shoots, followed by a reference to balls, which I cannot repeat here. Feeling somewhat newly bonafide but still very hungry, we summarily dismissed the sneaky duo to their designated area.

Congratulations Martin on some great shooting! We'll see everyone in WVA. Miss Devi, if I were you I'd keep a close eye on your possibles next weekend. You never know what may lurk in the shadows of a dark WVA night!

Guy & Aline Babin

14. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Great shooting Martin! You too Devi! It was great to see you both out and having fun. It was also great to meet all of the people we were able to get around and see. It's nice to be able to put a face with the "Alias" on TS.com

I don't think Lumper ever did find his momma. Maybe he was carried away by a miniature tornado! Poor little Lumper!

15. highrib

highrib Member

Pat Ireland,

Missed getting contact info after Wed. conversation.Email me or call at 434-946-5302 if I can help.Enjoyed shooting Singles with you and Billy.

Billy Wood

16. atashooter

atashooter Member

I had a very good time. Enjoyed seeing everyone I knew and also meeting new, such as Martin & Devi. Took the plunge and bought a Pizza gun. My scores quickly reflected the difference between shooting a 34" Un-single for the first time and a 30" full Model 12 I'd been shucking for 15 years. They went dirt diving in an Alf-Alfa patch somewhere. I see there is a learning curve to this thing. I see it's Time to practice !!

Rick L.

17. recurvyarcher

Rick, did changing the choke help? I couldn't finish watching you shoot.

Uhhh, Guy and Aline...I think we are going to stay in some un-named, far-off hotel for the W.VA. shoot. Oh, and somebody will be dropping us off and picking us up every day. And I think we will be buying our shells a few minutes before each event, and - ah - we won't be eating or drinking anything at the club....(LMAO at your post!)

Martin, I think we need to hire a security guard.

18. atashooter

atashooter Member

Curvy, YES massively... thanks for decoding my primitive hand signals to my brother to get a choke... Bad choke hit 16 , changed and got 22 the next 3 traps. Also, If I passed and didn't speak, sorry, as I meet so many, I forget faces. I didn't know till Nick told me, that you were standing there.

Rick L.

19. vatrap

vatrap Member

We'll get the scores posted for the week as soon as I get the complete shoot report for all the events from the cashiering service. After the Hall of Fame shoot I posted the scores from my notes and was immediately corrected on a couple of errors. I'll wait until I have the official report this time. I got to watch Chip's sun tent blow down the line as it was my shot on bank 4 when it blew by. I'm glad everybody had such a good time and hope to see you in a couple of weeks at the Southern Zone shoot.

Mike

20. recurvyarcher

That sun tent had a life of it's own, along with the boxes and shells that went rolling along after it. It all looked like they were alive and in attack mode...LOL!!!

Rick, I didn't think anything of it. When we are getting ready to move up to the line, focus is #1 and visiting comes later. I shot right after you, so we didn't have time for talking anyway. Everything is cool, and I'll see you soon at one of the shoots, I'm sure. You two are great fun, and I'm glad you are finding your way with that new unsingle. You are braver then I...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.