1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

V. Tech pistol team interveiw

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by happy, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happy

happy Member

Did anyone else see the 45 sec interview with the college rile pistol team? The news cut it real short when the team said if they were allowed to have cocealed carry they could have ended the shooting themselves. At least those college kids know the real issue. To bad the news wouldn't let them talk any longer. The news didn't want that side of the story.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Squelched by liberal media. That wonderful segment of our society that has, IMO some of this blood on their hands.

HM

3. Assyla99

Assyla99 TS Member

As a college student, and a shooter, I too feel that if those students were able to carry their guns, they could have taken him out. I know that's one thing I think about when I hear about things like this going on in schools. It's too bad that no one got to hear their side of the story.

-Alyssa

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Each person who tells me that banning all handguns would put an end to school shootings is quickly told that armed students and professors (those that CHOOSE to legally do so) would likely have prevented 10, 20, maybe more lives in the VA incident. They think I'm silly! Guess at least one us in such a discussion is...Bob Dodd

5. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

On the other hand, I am not willing to give a life or death decision to all college kids. There are more nut cases (college or otherwise) walking in the public than we care to admit.

Do college kids still get drunk? Do we want them all packin'?

I would rather that drunk redneck in a pick-up give me a finger than pull out his permitted GLOCK and wipe out my family.

Nor do I want to have a running gun fight because some one in a protected class thought I cut them off at an intersection.

Let's go slow on permits to carry.

6. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Way back when a nut shot up Lubys Cafeteria in Texas the media interviewed a very pretty young lady who watched her mother anf father shot to death. It was a real good human interest story until she said she was a certified shooting instructor and could have saved her mom and pop if she had been able to carry. CUT! THAT"S A WRAP!!
    They never learn. Responsible citizens with the ability to carry stop short stuff like this!

7. larryjk

larryjk Member

CharlesR1100, You obviously know very little about the responsibility of haviing a concealed weapon and are spewing all of the BS from the Brady Bunch or the Violence Policy Center! I don't think we are having many of the incidents you use for examples or the media would have them front and center. You know absolutely zip about the responsibilities or restrictions on carrying a concealed firearm. Those drunk rednecks were the big giveaway. You can't "legally" carry a firearm into a bar in most of the states that allow concealed carry. If you have a drinking habit, you may not receive the permit.
    I could go on and on but i"m afraid it would be wasted on you. Call your local licensing group and ask them about the restrictions of a carry permit in your area. Of course you don't have to obey the law! Why bother with a carry permit?
    The guy who set the new Guiness record didn't have a permit or give a damn aabout the no guns on campus rule.

8. oldcop

oldcop Member

Jim, I remember too well the Luby's shootings. The young lady struck a nerve in front of a Congressional commitee while telling her story when she (good for her!) told them that the 2nd Ammendment was not all about protecting us from each other, but also about protecting ourselves from them! Now that's hitting the nail on the head...vote your concience, everyone, but vote pro-gunowner!

9. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Larry... I wish you were right. But we are not all responsible people, all the time. Sometimes we make bad choices.

I do not have all the answers, like the "concealed carry" types. But I do believe this: Liberty has a very high price. Both in purchase and in use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.