1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UTV for my new Toyhauler

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by dverna, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dverna

dverna Active Member

I am looking for a UTV to use at shoots that can also double a a fun trail vehicle and to use to haul firewood etc.

What makes and models should I consider? Are any more reliable and/or easier to work on.

Don Verna

2. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I have bought two new Club Cadet UTV a 2 wheel and a 4 wheel drive.. I think they are all pretty much the same either belt driven like the cubs, gators ect. or use a transmission like the mules.. my cub runs down the road faster than my neighbors mule.. The more important thing I think about when buying something like this is the service after the sale, my closest JD dealer is 35 miles away, I dont want to drive to the next town everytime something goes astray.. on the other hand I bought from a local dealer and they just go by my house and fix it or I drop it off on the way to work.. what type of toyhauler did you get? I'm going this evening to look at a diesel pusher..

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Don, talk to GAry Bulley.

4. buster45

buster45 Active Member

Polaris Rangers are hard to beat.Ride smooth lots of power and dependable.

Buster

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

We've got two John Deere Gators, 850d's, both diesels because everything we have is diesel, but they have a new one they came out with that is a fuel injected gas, with 50 Hp goes about 40 mph, our diesels will go 30 maybe 35 but thats fast enough, we use them daily, never thought I would ever buy one, now don't see how we survived with out them, but we have 45 acres and everything is spread out

John Deere's do hold their resale value the best, but you pay more for them in the beginning, I've got about 400 hours on mine, the only problem I've had is parking brake, but I caused it, I was using it for my deceleration brake, and had to replace the pads, and the oil filter is kind of a pita

6. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I have the Polaris Ranger 500. It's not as fancy as some, and they go up to 800 now, but it does everything we need it to and it's about the most useful thing we could imagine around the farm.

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

blkcloud,
    I got a Fuzion 398 Touring Edition II 5th wheel. It is 42 ft. long so I am a bit apprehensive about towing it around; but I wanted something big enough to be comfortable in.

Should be just the ticket for the Grand next year! If it is too hot to shoot we can party in the darn thing.

My closest dealer has Polaris and Kawasaki. I am leaning toward the Polaris. There is a place close by that sells used golf carts so that is an option too.

Don Verna

8. Robb

Robb Member

Kubota RTV. Look at all of them. You will see the difference. A little more money but easily worth it.

9. nut

nut Member

Get your self a polaris ranger. i have had a 2001 500,2006 700,2008 700,2010 800 The 500 hundred had 2100hours on it when I traded for the 07 700 it was not my favorite. so trade for a 08 700 loved it but my 2010 800 is best of all got 1600 miles on it already. it is work horse. Sold on polaris,but I heard there moving production to mexico.

10. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The gold standard for UTV's that sport and work is the Yamaha Rhino. The absolute best suspension, and plenty of power. Don't worry about having a dealer near by as all you need is oil filters and you can get those at NAPA.

They have a 400 lb bed capacity and 1200 lbs of towing capacity.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.