1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Utah state shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by banker, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banker

banker Member

Planning on atttending the Utah state shoot for the first time and would like any info you are willing to share. Where to stay, do they use presquad, how to get a program, places to eat etc.

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

banker,

The program will be posted at the site above as soon as it becomes available. I don't anticipate any changes to the format. We shoot 100 of each on Wednesday through Friday. The Singles Championship is on Saturday and the Doubles and Handicap Championships are on Sunday.

The shoot will be on presquad.com. It typically will be on there about six weeks before the shoot (June 23 - 27, 2010.)

The closest motel is the Western Inn (Spanish Fork), about 4 miles from the club. There are major chains along I-15 north to Provo. You shouldn't have any problem finding a room.

The Ruby River Steakhouse in Provo has good food (it is co-located in the LaQuinta Inn). We also eat at Prestwich Farms Restaurant which is right where you turn off of Rt. 6 on the way to the club. There are also the usual chain places in Spanish Fork and Provo as well as mom and pop restaurants.

I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself at the Utah State Shoot (although I'm a little biased.)

Scott Hoover
    ATA Delegate, Utah

3. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

There is also a great Brazilian restaurant in the Provo area - Tucanos. We always go whenever we are down there to visit our son.

4. Scott Morris

Scott Morris TS Member

I'm going to try & make it to the state shoot myself this year. My wife & I are new to Utah, but find that the options are unlimited when it comes to lodgeing & dining. Salt Lake City is but a short drive. I'm sure you'll find something suitable to your needs.

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I've always stayed at the Western Inn - it is quite nice, and close. If you feel the need to go farther afield Provo is much closer than SLC, and has almost unlimited choices.

6. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Pocatello is absolutely right--don't miss Tucanos--a fine dining experience you won't soon forget! Oh and by the way the Utah state shoot is GREAT! Phil--Glade Park, Co.

7. Mohave60

Mohave60 Member

Salt Lake City
    The Red Ugauna, tops for mexican and mole

8. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Red Iguana is great. So much so , they opened another restaurant a few blocks south. See the link above.

9. T H Wallace

T H Wallace Member

I visited Utah for the first time in my life a few months ago, WOW..Salt Lake is one of the cleanest cities I have ever been to. Oh, I am sure it has it bad district, but I was so impressed, I want to go back, to see more. I did get to see Park City, and the Olympic park. I have placed on my bucket list to attend the Utah state shoot. So one day a name from PA will be on the scoreboard. Plus, it will give me a chance to meet the man known as George Cook,(Mr. Three S)in person, other than on the phone. I have also heard that Spanish Fork is a really nice place to shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
utah trapshooters

utah trapshooters forum