1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Utah State Shoot Results

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by V10, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The scores will also be on the TS.com Scores Web sometime on Saturday.

The weather has been great. Mostly clear blue skies with temperatures in the mid 80s. Thursday it got up into the low 90s. But the weekend should be back in the mid 80s.

We've got a lot of first time out-of-state visitors which I am always glad to see. I've gotten a lot of comments from them along the lines of "I've never seen such great targets" and "This shoot is run very well. We'll be back."

And it does seem as though everyone is having a great time.

Lots of good scores are being posted which you can see at the link on utahtrapshooters, or the Scores Web here.

Notable accomplishments have been: Wisconsin Delegate Rick Tesker posting his first-ever 100 straight from the 27 to take Long Yardage in Wednesday's handicap, Scott Steele getting punched to the 27 for the first time after posting a 98, also in Wednesday's handicap, and Utah Junior Jarrett Tanner posting his first 100 straight in singles in the Friday Class Singles event.

I'm sure there have been others that I'm not aware of.

If you've never been to Spanish Fork, now's a good time to start planning a trip. Spanish will be the Utah Western Zone Shoot site this year (July 14 - 17.) Or you can plan on attending next year's Utah State Shoot.

You owe it to yourself to experience the hospitality and great targets we have to offer at Spanish Fork, or any of the other Utah trap clubs.

Scott Hoover

ATA Delegate, Utah

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The scores are now also up on this site's Scores Web at the top of he page. Or you can use the link in my post above.

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The Utah State Singles Champion for 2011 is Joe Sudbury (200 + S/O). Jeremie Summers (200 + S/O) is Runner-Up.

Bill Sayles from Colorado was the Out-of-State Singles Champion with the lone O/S 200.

Jackie Love is the Utah State Ladies Singles Champion with 195. Pam Wright, the 2010 Utah Ladies Singles Champion, was Runner-Up with 193.

Congratulations to all the winners.

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The scores on the Scores Web link are current through Saturday's Singles Championship.

5. racer

racer TS Member

Sounds like a great shoot, wish I could be there. Go Badger State Shooters! Dan Ehlers

6. perazzi97

perazzi97 TS Member

sharred oaks shot his first hundred straight in the two hundred bird singles final

7. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Well, the 2011 Utah State Shoot is in the books, and I think it was one of the best that I can remember.

I'd like to thank all of the out-of-state shooters who decided to visit with us this year. We very much appreciate you taking the time to come to Spanish Fork. I also appreciate the kind words that many of you passed on to me regarding the trap help. The kids did a great job and they appreciate the positive encouragement that you gave them (as well as the very generous tips.)

Chris Kinder (20.5) is the 2011 Utah State Handicap Champion. Chris posted the lone 100 straight.

Karen Bergman (23.5 yds, AZ) is the 2011 Utah State Out-of-State Handicap Champion. Karen shot well all week so this win wasn't a great surprise (to me anyway, but I think Karen was a little overwhelmed by it.) Karen defeated Gary "The Unloader" Bulley in a shoot-off to win the title. Gary then settled in to the O/S Senior Vet Handicap Champion spot.

Colton Anderson is the 2011 Utah State Doubles Champion. Colton is a Junior shooter who posted one of three perfect scores in the Doubles Championship. He then bested Bill Martin and Quint Sudbury in the shoot-off. Bill then took A Class Champion, and Quint took Doubles Champion Runner-Up.

Ivan Dieruf (MT) is the Utah State Out-of-State Doubles Champion. Ivan, and his good friend Bill Beyl, are frequent visitors to Spanish Fork, so it was good to see Ivan do well.

Congratulations to all the winners. I hope to have the complete winners lists posted as soon as possible.

8. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

9. bas

bas Member

Congratulations to all of the winners...and especially, Arizona's Karen Bergman who posted scores like 100 in the Singles, 99 in Doubles and as Scott posted above, the non resident handicap CHAMPION with a 98 and a shootoff. Karen bested all of the other AZ shooters with a HOA score of 1243...that is some FINE shooting. Way to go Karen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.