1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Utah state shoot added money????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Itnats76, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Itnats76

Itnats76 TS Member

saw the state program no added $$$ thought it was a misprint!!

NOT a penny in added $$ are u kidding!!
    is this a 1st All state shoots I have been to or read about has thousands in added monies!!
    Has any other states done this??

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

No added money is not uncommon. This is a negative to some shooters but not noticed by the majority of shooters. I have attended three state shoots so far this year. I did not notice if they had any added money. When I look at a shoot program, the only thing I want to find out is the number of shells I need to bring. I sometimes even get that wrong.

Pat Ireland

3. Itnats76

Itnats76 TS Member

Pat
    you must have enough $$ to not look at added$$
    We use it to help offset the costs of shooting.
    Why spend a week at a shoot and have no chance of any $$
    Not saying We make a living off added but it sure helps
    Are you going to vernal,utah?
    hit some of their added$$ or have a good day or 2 shooting=you break the bank
    IM JUST SAYIN???

4. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

As a Utah shooter I am glad that there is no added monies. Where do the monies come from, but from our daily fees or more expensive targets. In these troubled times, we have less shooters shooting less targets. This means that the association has less monies. Should our limited budget go to added monies at the expense of the trophies? Maybe we should raise the target prices and put more hardship on the average shooter. If you want, play the options but don't ask the shooters of the state to buy your attendance. Spanish Fork is a world class club with great hospitality throwing famous targets, if that isn't enough to get you here I guess you should go someplace else. Bruce

5. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

I just thought of this, If your looking to shoot for money, why not go to Vernal next week, I hear they have openings. Bruce

6. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

It has been my impression that Spanish Fork has never been a great place to go if you want to win a bunch of money - it is a great place to go if you want to break great scores. A few years ago there was a "Special Event" at the Western Zone Shoot final handicap. A friend and I managed to buy Stu Welton for a good price, and he broke a great score. I think it was 100, but it could have been 99. Anyway, the money was divided percentage system, not high gun, and there were several other great scores, so we ended up just barely breaking even. Contrast that with similar events at Vernal. I know many people who will be attending the Western Zone at Anaconda this year instead of Spanish Fork. Why? Anaconda will have over $20,000 in added money from what I hear. Meanwhile the program for the Zone at Spanish Fork lists "$6,500 Trophies & Added Money" in the header, but I can't find any other mention of added money in the program - what events, how it is divided, etc. I'll probably go to Spanish Fork anyway, because I like to shoot there, and want to try to break a great score. I likely won't be playing any money when I do.

7. Itnats76

Itnats76 TS Member

BRUCE ADDED MONIES MOSTLY COME FROM ADVERTISING!!
    SHOOTERS FEES MONIES ARE PUT INTO THE PERPETUALS!!
    I am going to vernal WHY ARENT YOU????
    The all americans have you running scared????
    thats part of the experience!!

8. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

I shoot for the resuls of the contest between me and the target. Nothing else counts except the good time I have with friends and new acquaintances. It is just foolharty for most of us to shoot for money we cannot realy expect to win.

9. Ljutic Guy

Ljutic Guy Member

The trophys given for the first few days at last years Utah State shoot were some of the worst I have every seen. A small synthetic blanket and a glass jar of jelly beans were some of the items given. The last days of the shoot the trophys were better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.