1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

usps?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fvtrkyhntr, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fvtrkyhntr

fvtrkyhntr Member

Want to ship a gunstock that I've sold. Any problems with usps?
    thanks Ken

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Just be sure the address or any part of the package contains nothing that pertains to a gun; i.e. if you were sending the package to "Joe's Gun Shop", you would need to address it to "Joe's Shop". Other than that I have sent many guns and gun parts through the USPS. I use Priority Mail, insured with delivery confirmation. Ed

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ken, I think every gun i've sold on this site has been sent through the United States Post Office. Send priority and insured. Never had a problem yet. Bulge.

4. 1oz

1oz Member

And add insurance US Postal Service lost 2 of my items in 3 months .They even lost the paper work for the claim . Hummm just what you wanted to here

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Ship fedex. Usually cheaper on packages, I only use USPS for letters, envelopes, or packages weighing under a lb. Besides those items, Fedex is almost always cheaper, faster, and more reliable.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I quit using USPS for two reasons. They damaged two guns & the prices for priority mail are now 15-20% higher than Fedex. I have been very happy with fedex since I switched. I just shipped a rifle from Idaho to Arkansas insured for $400 for $19, try that at USPS and it will be a hell of a lot more

7. jbifulco

jbifulco Member

I just received a stock I bought thru this site USPS. No problem at all.

8. high 2

high 2 Member

I ship weekly, sometimes USPS, sometimes UPS. No trouble with USPS, but I`ve heard that a claim against USPS is next to impossible to collect on. I use USPS only because of my total dislike of UPS. Fed Ex is the way to go.

9. Charles.F.Phillips

Charles.F.Phillips TS Member

I have little experience with FedEx, but I much prefer USPS to UPS. My front porch is about 20 feet from my driveway and I caught a UPS driver throwing a package from my driveway to my front porch and he zoomed away before I could get out the door to confront him. It was a video card and thankfully was packed well enough to survive the landing. I only use UPS now when I'm ordering a book from Amazon.

R/s,<br />
    Charlie

United States Marine Corps: Providing the enemies of America an opportunity to die for their countries since 1775

10. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

You can send it through the usps gun or no gun. I have done it hundreds of times without a glitch. Who ever is telling you you cant, needs to put the crack pipe down.

11. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Mailed 2 guns one day with USPS, lost, stolen, one of them and could not give any info even with their tracking. Paid ins. 9 weeks later. I ship UPS and have had good luck so far and have heard FedX is even better.
    Carey

12. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Mark I have to agree with you. I have shipped guns using all 3 of them. I find the best being FedEx. I know the person at the counter and there is never a problem.

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Ok, here is a stretch question... which of the 3 charges more fo rinsurance? Adn we may need to take into account which of the carriers you need it most.

I ship UPS and USPS. Knock on wood. No problems other than with my bud Barfin. And luckily he was a gentleman.

FedEX requires exact times. I am not about to trek to a FedEx store. I found their insurance to be exsorbitant. And also found them to be not online friendly. USPS is not easy either. I ship a lot. UPS has worked without fail. I do package well insuring that the only thing that can happen is lost item.

One thing that helps me use UPS is that I have a regular driver. And the FedEx guy changes daily. USPS requires yu know more than them. and they do not take the time to 'splain well.

14. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Yod-ster. I hav enot seen that option on the online UPS site.

15. rick979

rick979 Active Member

MIA Jack: YODA100 is talking about USPS not UPS in regard to sending registered mail where everyone who touches the package has to sign for it. It is a bit slower than USPS Priority but I know of no safer way to send an expensive item like a trap gun, jewelry etc.... Rick~~~Texas

16. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I ship all of my products that I sell on my website USPS, just because it's handy to have right here in town and the employees are always nice to deal with. In my experience, I've had FedEx hand me a package that's looked like it was run over with a truck on more than one occasion. I've also had good experience with UPS, though I've never shipped a gun through them. Hope this helps, Josh.

17. 5spd

5spd TS Member

I deliver between 2-5 USPS priority boxes to the gun shop on my route each week, they all contain firearms. Owner told me its faster and has had no problems since hes done it that way.

The pawn shop on my route which sells firearms as well ships 2-3 long boxes per week, yup rifles.
    All are shipped with insurance & signature confirmation. All are in standard long boxes with no mention of "gun" on them.
    These are all private owner deliveries. The regular dealers they buy from still use UPS to ship their guns to the shops though.

18. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

SWHipped with usps for years with no problems until they lost a set of perazzi barrels. They did not pay claim. Were insured for 1700.00. Was found in destination office 6 mos later, opened and clearly damaged. Intentionally damaged. Customer rightfully refused delivery as he had already replaced the barrels from his own pocket. Sent barrels back to me saying customer had refused delivery, 6 mos later. Never paid claim. This happened in Pepper Pike Ohio post office. Usps pays only 11% of their claims. FEDEX and UPS pay 77%. Todd

19. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Only use UPS, you can track it easy. No way I would use USPS.