1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Usps stolen lost?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gun fitter, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I shipped this stock set to Bart Bart Reynolds on 4/2/2012.

The post office lost the tracking of my package on the second in Philadelphia.

Since this set is so recognizable I'm offering a small reward for information leading to it's return and hopefully the conviction of a postal employee that may be involved in a theft.

The post office has had me jump through all sorts of hoops in order to make a claim for a lost item. I think it has been taken since it was insured and had a tracking label on it. I have made inquires to the dead letter drop and no luck. Mysteriously on 4/02/2012 this stock set has apparently disappeared from the planet at least that's what the USPS would like me to believe.
    gunfitter_2008_0303_1331.jpg

gunfitter_2008_0303_1329.jpg

Any help will be appreciated.

Joe goldberg
  2. headhunter

headhunter Member

Too bad, that's a beauty..
  3. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Actually USPS doesnt consider something missing for 6 months- sure someone will post something that states 90 days

But for all reasonable purposes it is 6 months

You are pounding sand until then

I hope you have your receipt and insurance proof

Regards from Iowa

Gene
  4. WJN

WJN TS Member

I am surprised the US Postal Inspectors Office isn't all over this. Anything happening with this would be a federal crime from my understanding.

Jim
  5. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

all over this? lol

They have millions of these each year.

It isnt even "lost" for 6 months

Regards from Iowa

Gene
  6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Gene is absolutely right on this one, Their insurance is a joke you will be treated like a criminal through the whole process! Jeff
  7. Jim R

Jim R Member

I had a small claim a year ago with FedEx, what a nightmare. I spent about 6 hours on the phone with them before I finally got someone to listen to me and they approved the claim as soon as I explained it too them. It still took a month to get the check.

About 3 years ago I sent a brand new MX trigger off to have releases in it. It never made it to the shop. I went to the post office I sent it from, brought in my tracking and insurance information and I had a check within 2 weeks.

Jim R
  8. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

This past Saturday going to my range in NJ thru a back road , I noticed a cardboard box -2x14x32"-in the middle of the road that 3 cars in front of me had just missed running it over . This package was ment for someone on another road . I delivered it personally to them today but no one was home so I wrote how I came to find it on the box . Unfortunately it was from Verizon sent thru the local USPS and very light !!
  9. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

I shipped a Winchester Mod 97 with USPS and it, like your stock, fell off the earth. It had ins, and everything else that could be put on a package but it was never able to be found. I said stolen, they say lost. Good news I was paid in full in about 6 weeks, maybe I was just lucky. Our small town post office and local postmaster was very helpful so there may be hope yet. I ship alot of stocks with USPS and feel there service is still better than than UPS or Fedx, Just my opinion.
    Carey
  10. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I'm posting the pics in the hope some one sees it for sale e-bay or something.

Would love to catch the culprit.

Seems that the postal employees at the shipping centers and even a few that are delivering are taking packages especially those with insurance stickers to supplement their income.

Thanks Joe Goldberg
  11. perga1

perga1 TS Member

UPS never pays. Been waiting 9 years for a claim for desroyed shipment. I know I will never see it. JRM
  12. gcessna

gcessna Member

What gun and model does this fit?

Gary Cessna
  13. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

K-80 it's a trap stock for the low rib but could be used for any low rib or sporting barrel.
  14. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

My experiences have matched that of Jim R. I traded rare fishing lures and guitars all over the world when Ebay was fairly new and USPS was far better than UPS or Fedex. Jack
  15. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Good Luck,
    I wouldn't ship anything over $100 via USPS, they damaged one of my stocks and never reimbursed me for it even though I had pictures of how it was packed versus how it was received. They told me it was a firearm and I shipped it not according to the law. It was a stock and forearm. After 4 months of fighting with them I gave up. Then they lost my shotgun I sent. Only after I filled it as stolen/lost did it show up, almost 60 days after I sent it. I ended up having to send the guy his money back who bought it and then had to ship it back and resell it. I lost my shipping money and I had to sell it for $200 less.
  16. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I could write a book on the awful things that ahve happened to us with the USPS down here in South Carolina...

Snail mail, and email to the Postmaster General, local USPS consumer affairs...Heck, you name it, we got in touch with them...

4 different times in the last 2 months, and just today we found out something that ahd been sent out of NY to us back in February still has not arrived here..Sees to be a problem both ways, to and from NY to here..

Sorry this happened to you too...

We are at a loss to know how to get important mailings to the north country...Columbia SC seems to be the big problem here..We tracked a Priority Letter from Santee, SC to Rochester, NY..Left the evening (Monday) we sent it out from Santee, arrived in Columbia that evening..Then sat in Columbia until the Friday of that week..Delivered the next day to Rochester ...Well, that priority was to have been in people's hands on Friday and the PO told us usually delivered in 3 days..No problem..

OMG Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow...BUT where the he** does it go ???
  17. Pocatello

Pocatello TS Member

UPS isn't the greatest either. I posted the following last week:

I've had my Ruger #1 in southern Utah to be restocked. I took it down in October, and have been awaiting delivery anxiously for six weeks now. The gun maker told me it was being shipped via UPS Friday afternoon. Yesterday afternoon I got a message from him that it never made it out of the St. George UPS facility. It seems that an employee managed to drive a forklift over the shipping box. Now it's back to square one, with the gun maker getting a new blank to match the forend and building the buttstock again. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of UPS right now.

pocatello_2008_030337.jpg
  18. hmb

hmb Active Member

I think they lost 9 billion dollars last year. Don't know when the last year they made a profit was. Shouldn't be around much longer. HMB
  19. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Active Member

They never really lose money. The govt. simply runs the printing presses a little longer to make up the difference. Trouble is, Obama ran out of printing shifts to pay for his gigantic stimulus plan and now the PO is threatening to close!!
  20. DB Bill

DB Bill Member

I adjusted the white balance on the photos and played around with them on photoshop and these show the grain much better for ID purposes. Notice the difference in the towels in the original photos and these - unless you get the white balance just right the photos will come out much darker than you'd like since the meter in your camera reads the white as the predominate item in the photo and stops the light when it's had enough. For good colors use something like a fuzzy dark red or dark green towel that way the camera will hopefully meter off the subject of the photo and not the lightest thing it can see.

Just becasue the forend looks darker in the photo the difference is in how the original light hits the different parts and the angle of the piece to the camera.

The wood may not be as light as the photos show but that's because of the flash the OP used.

dbbill_2008_030362.jpg

dbbill_2008_030363.jpg
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.