1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

USPS Priority Mail

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by midalake, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Mailed a Priority envelope Thur. the 21st at 12:30pm just delivery conformation.

This envelope had to travel 1 1/2 hours away.Was to deliver on the 22nd

Put in the confirm number and it is first getting delivered today???
    WTF???ARE YOU KDDING ME!!! I could have got a regular stamped envelope there faster!!!

These were time sensitive court Doc's if my timeline was messed up because of this......well
    Already looked looks like no refund process for priority mail!!!!!

WHAT A JOKE!!!

GS

2. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

Must be your post office. Not like I'm a big fan of the Fed Gov but our local PO has yet to fail me. I take that back the PO in my town actually sucks out loud but the one where I work and use is top notch. PS They don't have much of a complaint departmemnt.

3. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

I agree !! I have 2 in a row. First was to go from IL. to MN. Priority mail. I tracked it and it was in FL. for 5 days. I called post office they said nothing they could do. It did make it but what are we paying extra service for ? Second Priority Mail was 02/20/13. IL. to CA. same thing it just left FL. 02/24/13 . How do you go to CA. from IL. thru FL. ?? I sent complaint to Postal system web site. Why pay for a service that isn't there. Looks like I am going to see what Fedex has to offer.

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Our governement at work.

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I recently had a package take an extra three days, but it was mailed just as a snowstorm was hitting.

6. thunder

thunder Active Member

Post Office has been good to me.

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If you wanted it there next day, you should have paid for next day. USPS Priority has no guaranteed delivery time. It says delivery in "about" two days to "most" locations. You dropped the ball on this one. You "assumed" it would be there next day. You know what happens when you "assume".

For what it's worth, I use USPS Priority Mail packages quite often. The longest it has taken is (3) days. This is out of nearly (60) packages sent this way. I most recently used the system weekly to send care packages to my son. My son is stationed in San Diego, CA and I live in Southern Illinois. I sent him packages weekly for the (3) months straight. The package must first go to the San Diego Post Office and then the base Post Office. All took (3) days and for less then $6.

I am more than pleased with the service I have received using Priority Mail.

8. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I,too, have had the best luck with the USPS, when compared to UPS and especially Fedex.

I once had a fountain pen arrive from Germany in three days. I shipped a guitar to Germany and it got there in five days. My brother-in-law used international priority mail to send antique fishing lures to Japan with similar good luck.

To date, the only mishaps I have had was that UPS once completely destoyed a collectable guitar, (they paid for it,) and several times Fedex has left packages at the wrong house, oonce delivered to the golf course because it was in the neighborhood, and once I had to drive an hour and a half to their local warehouse to pick up a very expensive guitar because they couldn't find my house!

Sorry you had a problem, though. Martinpicker

9. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

dimalake has problems with everything, it's always somebody else's fault

10. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

The Postal Person who served the Midster that day just knew what kind of a pain he is and deliberately screwed him. Unions at their very best!!!

Dude, you take whining to a whole new place. :)

11. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

They tell you right then and there that Priority mail is 2-3 days NOT GUARANTEED. You want it over night use EXPRESS mail. The only time I sent a package that didn't get there in 3 days was the weeks after Sandy

Doug

12. William681

William681 Member

Midlake

Take a minute and think of your Priority package as nothing more than another passenger the fate of which is in the hands of a multitude of outside influences.

What has the weather done over the last month? How many flights canceled, interstates shut down, widespread power outages? Do not be so naive to believe these do not have major effect on your packages' travel.

As to a package going from IL to CA going thru FL, have you ever had every flight, you were on, take you exactly to your destination? Unless it was a "direct" flight, I have had many strange routings to end up at my desired location.

If those were life and death valuable court documents only an hour and a half away I certainly would either have taken them myself or hired a dedicated courier.

Personnaly of hundreds of packages both sent and received, I could count on one hand the number I had problems with.

As far as using FedEx or UPS as alternatives to the USPS, you can search the forum and find horror stories about every one of them.

As Forest Gump said "S__T Happens"

Bill
    NC

13. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Active Member

I sent a small flat rate box from Michigan on 2/13/2013 to California. been in Pa. for 12 days now and they wont even look for it. Glad nothing that cant be replaced was in the box.

Signed screwed by the government agian

14. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

FED EX vs UPS vs USPS! Only one is bankrupt and is hearing a sucking sound. The other two guarantee delivery times and make millions a year all while being able to track packages anytime of day or night. And some have faith in government programs.lol

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

So many uninformed people................

The USPS is not a government agency. They are privately operated. Their biggest problem is that some politicians forced a 75 year Pension prefunding on them. That is what is sucking them dry.

I have post offices all over town, even one in the grocery store I go to. Try that with the Brown crushing machine. Fedex is 8 miles away and UPS is not very convenient since you have to bring packages in on their schedule, and be owned by their computer system with passwords and all the crap.

I have NEVER had a problem with USPS in 20 years of shipping stuff. In fact it has gotten better all the time.

HM

16. craigos

craigos Member

If UPS or Fedex dont deliver to the service you paid for they will refund if you make a complaint. If you do the same for USPS (i.e. 21 days on a 2 day priority box going from WA to OR was my worse experience) ... they tell you to go f yourself - no refund. Go figure .......

17. det131

det131 Member

Bill:

Knew the OP would get your dander up.

Recent ship for me with a 3.5lb pk. USPS $6.42 print label and postage on line pick up at the door, no charge, delivered two days to the door. Could take to PO on my own ten minute round trip.

UPS quote was $14.00 and change, don't remember the exact. Still able to print and pay online. Pick up at door extra charge. Residential delivery extra charge. 20 min round trip to box store but adds a fee. 40 min round trip to UPS but still extra for delivery to the door.

USPS needs to triple rates across the board and no more freebies to the Washington crowd. That would help with that sucking sound 303 is hearing.

Bro Jim

18. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Who is about to foot the bill for the billion dollar loses of the USPS each quater? I sure as hell wish they were NOT a government program. The taxpayer would be off the hook for a few more billion. And for the record the USPS employees i know are great people but unfortunatly they are not the ones who have been in charge of running it in the ground. It is another example of government managing the demise of a program.

19. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Sent package from California to Maine - sent Saturday and was there Tuesday morning.

20. dhip

dhip Active Member

AND just think about it,I believe NO saturday deliveries start in August,,,LMAO

Doug H.(pa)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.