1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

===USPS LOST MY RELOADER

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gmangh15, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gmangh15

Gmangh15 Member

I sent it out to STERLINGWORTH a shooter on here on April 6 and it never got there. Long story short they lost it and I didn't have insurance on it so there saying I won't get reimbursed even if its there fault. They said it got sent to lost mail and I may never see it again. That can't be right that if THEY lost it then they should pay me for it.

Do I have any options here?

Thanks

Garrett

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Not really... Unfortunately, you went cheap and did not pay the piper... even if it shows up damaged, you're also out of luck...

Sorry for your loss... Refund Sterlingworth if they already paid you...

Jay

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I sent a PW from VA to Utah, it took 36 DAYS!!! Dont give up. How long has it been? Jeff

4. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

You have a PM.

Tim

5. Gmangh15

Gmangh15 Member

sterlingworth is getting his check put in the mail today and i sent it on 4/6 and i called them today and thats what they told me that it was either lost or damaged and i may or may not get it back.

6. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

Your parcel was sent to the Mail Recovery Center on 4/28. This happens most of the time when the addresses are somehow made unreadable. I sent you a MRC search form that I will send to them so it can be returned to you or forwarded to the addressee.

I'm pretty sure you will get your loader back, it's a unique item that the MRC should have no problem finding.

When you get the parcel back and are able to see it, let us know what happened to the address.

Tim

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

All shippers work on the basis of that they are screw ups and it is YOUR responsibility to pay them not to screw up.

8. hairtrigger

hairtrigger TS Member

good luck---ups never pays

9. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Postmaster tim is going out of his way to help. Good for him and I hope it all works out.

Next time buy the insurance for shipping anything over 100 bucks. Under that its covered or at least it used to be.

10. Gmangh15

Gmangh15 Member

i have definatley learned a lesson to get insurance now. I have been doing a lot of shipping and recieving as of late and have had no problems until now. I had no luck and thank you Postmaster Tim for the help thats awesome of you. Ive got more help from you just today then I have these past 2 weeks from talking to supervisors.

11. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

postmastertim gets the blue star award

12. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Let me put this another way. In any other kind of business, when the business screws up the business pays the penalty for their screw up. In the delivery business the business charges the customer a penalty for the business screwing up (you lose your item) and if you want to be insured against the business's screwing up the same business that charges you a penalty for screwing up will sell you insurance against them screwing up which they oftentimes refuse to pay anyway.

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, insurance on items sent USPS is very reasonable. Anytime I ship anything of any value I insure it for replacement value. I just sent my son in the Marines his Samsung Tablet and insured it for replacement value($200). The insurance was virtually nothing cost wise but gave me big piece of mind.

Postmastertim gets the good citizen award in my book for going above and beyond the call of duty. May good things come his way in return. Bravo Tim.

14. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I can see an address or label getting messed up. I use marks a lot and plenty of tape to protect it. A return address the same is also used. Ray

15. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I always have tracking, large items I insure. That way they know they will pay in the long run.

I sent a gun through UPS in my NEW gun case. My new aluminum gun case. They UPS put a fist size dent on the top, tore off a peg and scratched the hell out of the case. I called them and they did send someone out to look at it but you could tell they didn't want to. She was cold and it was clear she wanted to stone wall the issue. She said that I had to have the receipt for the case and it can't be over 30 days. I smiled and reached into my top pocket and pulled it out. The look on her face was so great. SHe wasn't at all happy to see that piece of paper. LOL. She wrote a check for the full amount.

16. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

I sent a flat of shell from Nebraska to Ga last year, they never did show up. If if fits it ships will never be used by me again. No wonder there are going broke. Stan

17. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Always, always get a tracking number with UPS or USPS it gets scanned at every place it is removed from the truck, and again when put on another truck. and it gives the date and time of each scan.

GB
    DLS

18. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Stumppi24

I don't think your's is lost. The package is probably being held in the evidence locker for your trial on federal charges of mailing prohibited items. Watch for them on the exhibits table. "If it fits" brings new meaning in the big house.

Bob

19. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

Somebody got themselves a nice loader,, Had that happen to me before.
    How do you lose such a large box? Mine was sent to me in the MEC box so the stealer,,,, Err I mean driver did not even have to shop.
    It came right to his truck. Tracking showed it on truck for delivery for 3 days,

Sorry for your loss

20. lwr_

lwr_ Member

@Stump - Come on, you can't be serious. Everyone knows you can't send ammo through the U.S. Mail. If you did, then hope and pray it was lost or stolen and not held for evidence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.