1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

USPS Is fast

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by copper, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. copper

copper Member

I sent a postal money order from PA Saturday to NM priority flat rate I do a lot of flat rate and got to guy in NM by 2 PM YESTERDAY WOW That was fast

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Not for long, a change is coming. HMB

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: Not for long

Regular mail is going to slow, but should be interesting to see what they do with Priority mail, as they can ill afford to lose anymore package business to UPS and FedEx.

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Usually any letter I send will hit either coast in 3 days from here in the Midwest. Like hmb says, it may change. Locally they're looking at closing the Post Office here in the capitol (114 jobs) and moving it 95 miles southwest. That can't be good. Saturday delivery being stopped will have an effect, but I'd like to see those people get weekends off. We'll see.

5. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

I use Priority Postal (USPS) to send a package from Southern California to Texas - 2 days; to Kentucky takes 2 to 3 days.

The trick is to insure the package, or at least that is my theory.

That is faster than UPS or Fedex and less expensive.

Dave

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Package from Utah sent Friday arrived in Florida Monday via USPS Priority.

Eric

7. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Gentlemen,The key to the Post Office & your guns safety/damage claim is to ALWAYS-I repeat-ALWAYS double box your gun. Yes,even with a hard case--double box. And if you break the gun into parts,wrap those in small bubble pack,then roll in sheet cardboard,then double box. The very first thing any of the 3,UPS,FE,USPS ask---Was it double boxed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.