1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

USPS Insurance

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by esoxhunter, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Has anyone had to file a damage claim through the post office? I shipped a gun that sustained some minor damage. Prior to shipping the package was declared as a rifle and was inspected by the postal employee who processed the transaction. I know I will have to file a claim form. (PS Form 1000). Any input as to what else I will need to do? I will say that the gun was wrapped in bubble wrap and secured in a plastic gun case with egg shell foam inside. The case was then secured in a cardboard container that had double thicknesses of card board. They must have dropped it off the truck! Thanks. Ed

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

When I shipped my Ljutic back to Ljutic USPS Priority it looked like it was run over by a truck, when it arrived. A large dent in the forearm and the rib was busted off. I filed a claim and it took 10 months to get paid. I wrote five letters about this issue. The claim was denied 4 times before they ended up paying the full amount. Good luck, and hang in there. You will win in the end, if you're persistent.