1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

USPO shipping^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by plabels466, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plabels466

plabels466 Member

WOW!!!!! I just shipped a $6000.00 shotgun from Colorado To New York.....Insured for $6000.00 & sent by Registered Mail.....Cost me $ 49.00.....UPS & Fed EX wanted over $130.00.......Thanks to all you great shooters out there for your advice......Pete

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

And, because it was insured for so much, I'd wager it got pretty good treatment.

Most reloaders I get in are beat to hell. The best are in order: USPS, FedEx, UPS. I don't use DHL at all.

Whiz

3. oz

oz Active Member

My postal carier just leaves a card that says "sorry we missed you go to the post office tommorow and get your stuff" they are too lazy to knock on the door and say "here is your stuff" . oz

4. REDD04

REDD04 TS Member

The maximum amount of insurance coverage for REGISTERED MAIL is $25,000. The insurance fee for $15,000 is $28.85. Good information may be found at www.usps.com. The sight is very user friendly.

REDD04

5. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Ran200

$5,000 is the maximum insurance for Priority Mail. As stated above, registered mail can be insured for significantly more value and usually at less cost due to the security involved in registered mail. You may have gotten an ill informed clerk. You would do well to try again as it is the safety and cheapest way to ship things of significant value.

Bob

6. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I sent my to Gary Alfermann a few weeks back, USPS, insured for $7000. The local clerk was very helpful, even taking 15 minutes of her time to help apply the required paper tape. My cost - about $55

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Call Diana Crawford at Ae Insurance Services for your Gun Insurance.

She can get you DIRT CHEAP coverage for your Safe Queens. Also, good prices for your working guns.

She is also a Trapshooter, and shoots in the back yard!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.