1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

usopen

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by il shooter, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. il shooter

il shooter Member

How is the attentance at the open and some of the scores that have been shot.

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

It looks like they had about 200 shooters yesterday. 97 won the doubles, 100's in the 16's and handicap wasn't posted the last I looked. Windy on thurs, fine on Fri. and today is to soon to tell. Excellent meal put on for the shooters and guests last night.

A lot of shooters are missing a fine shoot.

Don

3. il shooter

il shooter Member

4. XT=dontmiss

XT=dontmiss TS Member

a couple of 200's in the singles championship, havent posted prelim caps yet, very good day for shooting. slight cross wind and glaring sun. other then mother nature, excellent targets today

5. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Great shoot in my opinion.

Anyone know the outcome of the Handicap, I left right after I finished. Got a report that my score was good but no final scores posted on the IDNR website as of yet.

Ronbo

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Ronbo---I was runner-up in 18-21 yd. with a 94. If you are the one that shot the 95 in that class yes you won your yardage group. I think i have shot with you before and i looked for you after the Handicap Championship. I know there was a 98 and a 97 in longer yardage. I had to shootoff with 4 others just to get runner-up. It only took one box. I ran 'em and the others all dropped one. I shot the whole US Open and i agree with you, Great Shoot. My hats off to all who helped with the shoot. There was a couple small issues the first day but Sh%& happens.----Matt

7. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Thanks for the Update!

Talked to Chris this monring, only 4 shooters recieved a punch.

98-97-96-96

The killer for me was that I missed the first target out and ran the next 49 targets!

See you at the Il State Shoot!

Ronbo

8. rc38340

rc38340 TS Member

could have been several more shooters there if not for it being the tn state shoot also, might have been another 100 shooters from tn , robert crouse

9. grntitan

Your more than likely right on the TN shooters. Its just so damn hard to schedule a shoot and not interfere with another. I personally know the people who set the dates for the US Open and it was a matter of the lesser of the two evils type of thing in trying to pick dates. ----MATT

10. rmccartyjr

rmccartyjr TS Member

IT TOOK 198 TO WIN D CLASS

11. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Exceptional shooting conditions will be condusive to high scores. The class system is outdated as there is no way to stop sandbaggers.

Ronbo

12. Target13

Target13 Active Member

On behalf of the major sponsors of the US Open Trap held at the WSRC this past weekend, White Flyer; Winchester and Browning, we want to thank all the shooters that attended and participated. We hope you shot well and had a wonderful time.

Kudos to the SSSF/SCTP event held on Saturday in conjunction with the Winchester 200 Singles - over 350 youth shooters and their teams participated.

Thanks to Chris Hespen and Nicky Christian at the WSRC plus the entire Shoot Staff and Office folks but doing a great job - it was an excellent run shoot.

As mentioned earlier, the US Open this year was up against other major shoots and the fact that the Illnois State Shoot was the next weekend. As we all know, finding a shoot date where it doesn't conflict with another major event is almost impossible. Nevertheless, the US Open Trap will continue and we'll all try harder for 2010 to add a new wrinkle here and there to get you to shoot this prestigious event.

Again, thanks to all that participated. If you are one of those that attended and you think you have an idea to make the 2010 US open better, please drop me an email. Remember, this is a shoot for the shooters, if you don't tell us what you think or want, we never know.

Phil Murray
    White Flyer Targets

13. il shooter

il shooter Member

just seen scores on the dnr web page .and can see why the trapshooting has a bad name i know just a few shooters and most of then shooting out of class.i have shot with then and know how they shoot. too bad .then they wonder why the sport is hurting. will not shoot money but for the fun . it seens there such be away to catch these sandbagers . concern shooter

14. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I want to thank all the sponsors and to the help, Terry Cowell was a big help setting traps and keeping the train running.

Ronbo

15. Scott Thompson

Scott Thompson TS Member

Exactly who do you think was shooting out of class?

The sandbagger conspiracy theory is tired. Get over it.

It is crazy to think that is why the numbers are down for trapshooting. For the vast majority of folks there was never any real money to be won anyway.

Either do it for fun or don't do it. With money being tight, sometimes folks have to cut back on what they do for fun.

Scott T

16. BNicely

BNicely TS Member

Phil,

I wanted to thank you for all your support of this and the many other events you attend. My son Alex was very excited to be able to place his name on the Junior HOA trophy shown below. It was his primary goal for attending this event. Thanks again for providing such nice awards.

Regards,

Brian Nicely
    [​IMG]

17. Target13

Target13 Active Member

Congratulations Alex on your winning the Junior High Over All at the US Open Trap. Great shooting - thanks for the photos.

Keep it up ...

Phil

18. rmccartyjr

rmccartyjr TS Member

can any one tell me how 2 find results on idnr

19. grntitan

rmccartyjr---Try this http://dnr.state.il.us/worldshooting/trap.htm and pick your shoot. Last i checked there were no payouts listed just scores.----Matt

20. rmccartyjr

rmccartyjr TS Member

thanks matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.