1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Using Solo 1000 ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ljutic111, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Just bought a jug of Solo 1000 and went thru the past threads back to 2008 for info and also sent for a reloading booklet since nothing I have has this listed . I`m loading on a 366 and have been using 700X for the last 20+ years . I strickly shoot a light 1 oz / 15.6 gr(408 bushing) of 700x and love this load since it`s quick and soft to me . Looking to duplicate it when and if needed . I just bought a full jug of 700X so it may be a while . I also load 20 ga hulls with 11.1 gr of 700X for a nice shooting load but I hear that Solo 1000 is softer yet . Help me out , Thanks

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Mash the link above for the PDF version of the guide.

http://www.accuratepowder.com/Default.htm will get you to their home page.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

A good choice. I went back to it after many kegs of other powders. I use Solo 1250 for Caps, 1000 for everything else. I only load the 12 these days.

4. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

Solo is good stuff. I use it for everything except long range fun shoots. I load 19.6 grains with 1oz. in top gun hulls. with DR-XL1 wad and fiocchi primer. this shell just crushes targets from the 27 yard line. hope i could help. BYG

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Click <a href="http://www.accuratepowder.com/ContactUs.htm" target="_blank">HERE</a> for contact info for Accurate Arms. They should be able to guide you. I would not use 700-X or Solo 1000 in a 20 ga load. When in doubt, ask the manufacturer.

Here is a link to the powder description for Solo 1000. It does NOT say 20ga anywhere. Solo 1250 might work in a limited amount of loads in the 20 ga. Info is at the second link so marked.

<a href="http://www.accuratepowder.com/data/A-Solo1000%20--%20Powder%20info%20and%20description.pdf" target="_blank">Click This Link for Solo 1000!</a>

<a href="http://www.accuratepowder.com/data/A-Solo%201250%20--%20Powder%20info%20and%20description.pdf" target="_blank">Click This Link for Solo 1250!</a>

<a href="http://www.accuratepowder.com/freeguide.htm" target="_blank">Click This Link for a FREE Loading Guide for Accurate Powders</a>

6. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I`m not set up to open those links but I had already sent in for the reloading guide thats comes from Accurate . I have all the handicap shells I will ever need loaded so I just need a recipe for light 16 or doubles loads . I think mine now are 1125 ? so there is no need for me to be possibly setting up shells in the 1200 fps range . I know some of you like to hear them and bust your shoulder and cheek but I sure don`t . My 20ga shells are just fine and would like to lighten them up more but still be safe . I am using a 650 for the 20`s I believe I`m using a 17 bushing? to drop the 11.1 gr of 700X . I do have a booklet stating a safe 700X load for 20`s and I`m below that . Just because some manufactures don`t list some powders don`t mean they are not safe if you have a good recipe . Like I said , I`m not out to clear my sinuses when I shoot but still want a safe load .

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

ljutic111

Just because a load was "Once Published", does not mean it is still safe to use. Powders get reformulated and other components change. I would double check with the powder manufacturer on old data. They have different ways of measuring pressure, than what they once used. I would use the most current data available. If a load is no longer listed, there may be a reason for it. Some loads with Blue Dot have been found to be improper and possibly unsafe. They are still listed in my older loading manuals, but are no longer available online. Unfortunately, Once Printed, they don't change. It's up to the reloader to use the most current data and to verify that their data is still considered valid.

8. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

It was stated here a few times from different powder manufactures that they can`t publish every powder recipe using different components and to call and verify a certain load . It also didn`t say it wasn`t safe is all I`m stating . I`m happy and confident with using 11.1 gr of 700X in a 7/8 oz - 20ga hull , just looking for something softer and they list Solo 1000 as soft and efficient clean burning ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.