1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Using oxygen while shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sterlingworth, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

No reason not to shoot. I see people all the time ,in the malls,supermarkets,where ever with o2 masks on. I have copd,and there are days that breathing is hard. Dont give up,enjoy life to the fullest, and to tell the truth your other squad members are not that far removed themselves. You go girl.. Best of luck..Ray p/s just take your time...

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I was at a shoot and observed a senior with his oxygen on the line and he had a cigarette hanging from his mouth????

3. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

Cuban: I have dug the nasal cannula out of the skin many times in the ED because people still smoke on O2. Tim

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

If your using oxygen and shooting a auto loader, you better bring a fire extinguisher to the line with you.

5. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

For some people this sport is one of the only enjoyments that they get out of life anymore. If they are not disrupting the harmony of the shoot or the timing. What ever it takes. If you need oxygen, a powered wheel chair, a stool to sit on and shoot. If you are not slowing the squad down. Go for it.I will squad with you if you need squad mates.I have shot with people in power scooters, wheel chairs, walkers, and people who use stools because they have prostetic legs and cannot stand al the time without being in pain. None of these people have ever slowed the squad down to the point that I want to be on another squad. I figure some day I may be in the same spot and I hope that others have the patience with me that I have tried to geive to these people.

Jim B.

6. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Have to agree with Jim B. on this one, at a club I belong to we have a wheelchair shooter sometimes 2 or 3 who attends a lot of our registered shoots and I have NEVER seen anybody complain in fact most other shooters will offer assistance if (when) needed. I used to shoot with a man that had only one leg (lost it from the knee down in the service) he shot an 1100 with a sling to carry it from one place (station) to the other, got around with 2 canes, one rather odd cane that he would "hook" the stump over when his turn to shoot. Also I have NEVER heard a handicapped shooter complain about being disadvantaged, actually wish I could shoot as well as some of them do. Ross Puls

7. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Explain please "dug the nasal cannula out of the skin" Are you saying recoil jammed the nose piece in the nostril or that an O2 explosion drove it in there?
    R Talley

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

can i use oxygen while shooting

people who wear oxygen and shooting

shooting guns while on oxygen

wear oxygen while shooting trap