1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Using my TJ Wall Chart

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by M R Ducks, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

So my super wife bought me the 10' TJ wall chart for Christmas. I've been so darn wrapped around the axle I didn't get a chance to clear out a spot in the cellar and set it up until this past weekend.

All I can say is WOW! I had no idea I had such a terrible swing and flinch at the target.... I kept telling myself - "those are just pictures on vinyl - what's the matter with you?" So this past week I've been doing my daily 100 or so repititions and my wife says my swing and follow through look much better already. What a great tool - can't wait to use it with my SCTP/AIM kids this spring.

Joe

2. 99 from the 20

99 from the 20 TS Member

Joe
    The chart is a great tool. My Husband and I use it as a shooting aid with our junior shooters. So easy to explain lead. And Terry is a great person to work with. He always response to my question.

Linda Bergstresser AIM Dir. Washington

3. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Thanks. I get e-mails like this regularly.

Dear Terry.

I wanted to wish your an yours a belated very merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year! I also wanted to thank you again for your assistance with the trap chart and to give you a very positive update on its success with my trap shooters. I have incorporated it with my new shooters and the results are fantastic because they can SEE what I am trying to teach them. Experienced shooters have even commented saying "oh, thats where is should be shooting that target"!

Someone loved the manual so much that before I could put my name on it, it disappeared now for 2 months and has not found its way back! Great Job and well done on this shooting method! I personally have not had the time to practice dry firing, but plan on bringing it home after the new year and practicing in my garage, as I am shure we will be getting alot more snow and I will have the time.

One of my younger students recently was accepted to Yale and is shooting on the Yale skeet and trap team and it was great to shoot with him today. I also have the daughter of a member who is in her mid 20's and been working with her several times over the past several months and she is consistently breaking targets in double digits and actually shoots better than her father! Many thanks again and I must ask you- are you shooting and competing and how are you doing? Would love to know and take any advice you can offer. Fondest regards, Rocky

another,

The chart is every thing I thought it would be and more. I am a AAA 27 AA shooter and the chart has, in this off season allowed me to continue to work on some issues that I still have. The reason for this email is I was looking for the booklet that came with the chart and for whatever reason I cant find it. Anyway what would the charge be for another copy . This one will be in my gun safe from here on.. Thank you for your help and again your chart is great.

I took Harlan Campbell's class Last spring and with your chart I raised my over all average from a 91 to win the state high average with a .9510 plus I cleaned house at the our state shoot this past year. With your chart I hope to improve on that. I'm retired so this time of year with snow and cold weather I don,t get out much. Thanks for taking the time to respond and I look forward to talking to you or continuing to correspond by email. George.

4. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Joe,

Welcome to the "Believers" Club !!!

I would have never guessed how much I was pulling my gun down with my left arm as I shot at the target..The Chart proved just how bad I was, and I never knew it. When my wife tried it, the same thing happened. Thank goodness for that "Piece of paper with targets on it"..Best thing I ever invested in for shooting.

We are true believers of the Chart...A wonderful product by a wonderful guy.

Dave in SC

5. GeezerGlide

GeezerGlide TS Member

Where can one aquire a chart and $$$

thanks Jim

6. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

www.learntrapshooting.com/

7. cal_1

cal_1 TS Member

I have never understood how the chart worked have always been interested in one

8. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Cal_1

I can send you the complete write-up free, that will explain how and why you get better using one.

It is like Golf for example: If you spent a half hour a day swinging your golf clubs in your back yard it would improve your golf game.

Terry.

9. Peasant

Peasant TS Member

Will this cart help at all yardages or is the lead different say from 16 to 27?

Thanks

Ugo

10. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Short answer - yes.

11. Squeal

Squeal Member

Terry, could you please send me the instructions? I am thinking of getting a chart.

Thanks

12. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

[​IMG]

For those not sure what the chart is, he is a pic of our 8' chart.

We focus on the lead mark on any one of the targets and call "Pull". Swinging through that point gives you a visual idea of where you should be when you pull / release the trigger. Also by focusing on the lead mark it forces you to be looking in front of the target at all times...This simple drill sure works.

Dave in SC

13. pduryee

pduryee TS Member

For those of you that do not have a basement, I made a frame for mine out of pyc pipe. If the weather is good I hang it on the back fence or on the inside of the garage door when the weather is bad. It works.

14. cal_1

cal_1 TS Member

Terry it would be great to get the write up on this THANKS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.