1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Using K-80 Pro Rib with standard stock?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hoggy, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I don't think it's any where high enough. With a really high adjustable comb it might work.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

You would need some awefully tall posts for the adjustable comb. Even if you get it tall enough, the rest of the stock still may not fit right.

ss

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Nope. The factory adjustable comb on their trap stock is barely sufficient. One of their major faults!!

4. kjohnson

kjohnson Member

The Pro Rib is 0.160 of an inch taller in the rear than a Trap Special rib.

If you have a Trap Special stock, it will work.

5. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Jt,

Another option is if the body of the stock is OK and fits pretty well you can just make a new comb piece for the stock that will fill the void and bring the comb to be at eye level without the gap between the top of the stock and the bottom of the comb. Just a thought we have saved several stocks by doing this and it has helped the shooter with a more comfortable fit on the face.

Dennis DeVault

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The biggest problem is whatever you have to jack the comb up by, effectively lowers your drop at the heel by that much. In other words, if you have 2.5" drop @ heel, and you raise your comb 1" to compensate for a rib that's taller than the stock was built for, you now have 3.5" drop @ heel, if not adjusted.

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

You will need LONG PINS. For the comb.

GB
    DLS

8. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I'm dealing with that now. I'm at the top of my posts and my rib is all the way down and still feel I'm under the bird. A double decker bus can fit under my comb and I had to drop my recoil pad to compensate. Not complaining just added to the discussion. Going to have Dennis make a custom stock when my chunk of furniture is dry enough. Dave T.

9. RTI4444

RTI4444 Member

I have added a 1/2 inch delrin rib on top of my K-80 sport rib, which is appoximately the height of the pro sport. I also added new longer posts from Kreighoff (about $85, they have these in stock at Ottsville) to bring the comb up accordingly. The longer posts raise the comb nicely. Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.