1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

using gun buying websites

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kolared person, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolared person

kolared person TS Member

I have been looking at several guns on gunbroker.com. Do any of you have any opinions on the quality of their service?

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

That depends on the seller, make sure he or she has good feedback and the more of it the better. As far as GB goes it is a good site

3. Bulldog50

Bulldog50 TS Member

Please bear in mind that gunbroker.com is only a medium by which buyers contact customers, and vise versa. They have no oversight or responsibility in the transaction.

With that out of the way, I have had good experience purchasing guns through gunbroker and auctionarms. You have to do you homework. Pay attention the the feedback of a seller and be wary of sellers with no tranaction history. Many sellers are actual FFL's, but some are just individuals. The best deals come from individuals that have to unload a gun for cash. Make person to person contact, get telephone numbers, and use some other means to determine that the person is who they say they are. I have used county property appraiser tax records online to confirm that someone owns the house that I'm mailing my Money Order to. Use trackable, documented methods of mailing and payment. I use postal money orders to pay because if there is a problem, I can contact the U.S. Postal Inspectors and make a claim of mail fraud and I may get a little better response than with local law enforcment.

Just a few bits of advice. Good Luck.

4. ismah

ismah Member

I bought a Winchester thru Gunbroker: actual seller turned out to be a pawn shop in Cleveland. Gun was sent to someone in Texas and I got an I-pod. Finally got the gun delivered to my FFL here is Washington but had to go thru some hoops to get it. Not Gunbrokers fault. The Pawn broker had a hard time with english.

5. Art D

Art D Member

I have bought and sold guns on gunbroker and had not a bit of problems, but make sure you read the feedback on eack seller.

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I will only send payments to an FFL that I can verify.If they dont like it , NO deal. Jeff

7. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

There are good deals to be had, but buyer beware. I have had a number of great transactions and one where it was not quite as described, but still worth the money.

I find the Auctionarms tends to have less volume, but better deals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.