Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Using a third-party when buying?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  theodorescolt45 
#1 ·
I was looking around on the net for something else, and came across this website that discussed how they will act as a middle-man on gun purchases by holding the money until all parties are satisfied. Here is what they say, and above should be a link to their web site.

We will provide third party brokering.
Third Party Brokering
Some people are very uneasy sending a check/money order to an address without knowing if the advertisement is authentic. Even if the seller verbally agrees to a return policy, there is no guarantee that it will be honored. Little abuse has been publicized, but because of scams that exist in the U.S. today, many buyers would prefer more safety in their transactions.

To alleviate the uneasiness, we will act as a third party broker between the buyer and seller for a $10 fee. If the third party agreement is desired, the buyer would send a check/money order for the purchase price plus $10 to

Knives and More
P.O. Box 1835
Friendswood, Texas 77549

along with both the buyer's and seller's name, address, phone number, e-mail address if they have one. We will notify the seller that we have received the funds and that they can ship the gun. When the buyer receives the gun, they have to determine if they want to keep or return the gun. In either case, they notify us and the seller of their decision.
If they accept the gun, we forward the purchase price of the gun to the seller.
If they decide to return the gun, we hold the monies until we are notified that the seller has received the returned gun. At that time, we will refund the purchase price of the gun to the buyer.

As to our credentials for acting as a third party broker, Knives and More operates as a Texas registered trade name and also holds a current FFL. References will be provided upon request.

Is peace of mind worth $10? Only the parties involved can answer this question. This service is offered as an additional service to the listing on the internet, and is not required in any form or fashion. If there are improvements that we can make in providing this type of service, we would like to hear from you.

I read about some of the problems people have had, and wondered if anyone had ever used a service like this? Interesting.

Steve

See less See more
#2 ·
that seems like an odd thing to do ? if you do not trust the seller/buyer why would you trust some place for $10 ? I do not know, but if they have an FFL why provide a PO Box ? cannot ship guns to an FFL ? maybe I'm missing the point here ... So the buyer sends "Knives and More" the money + shipping and insurance + $10 fee, then seller gets email ( and FFL I hope ) and sends to buyer ( without being paid ? ) then ships gun to buyers FFL. Then Buyer gets gun and says "Gee, I like it ! " then seller gets paid ....

It might just be me, but that seems lame ! As a seller I would never agree to it

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.