1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

useing large bottle

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bakergun, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

Can anyone tell me if they have a problem with using the large bottle for power on the Mec 9000 press.
    Pete

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Don't tighten it. Snug it up and back off 1/8th turn. These will bind up the press and cause the charge bar to hang up. Also, invest in a bottle support when using the large bottles.

ss

3. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

I use the big bottle for the shot and the little bottle for the powder with a Pattern Control baffle. I also use the funnels made by Mec.

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Bird Grinder, did you have to cut your funnel to get by the taller bottle on your Mec funnel??? I have a newer one and the tall bottle gets in the way so I always use 2 small or 2 tall bottles at the same time to avoid this problem. What did you do to fix. Breake-em all. JEff

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

You can purchase a support bracket that is bolted to the press and supports the large bottles so they are stable and do not wobble around

6. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

The Mec funnel is cut or flat on one side to allow it to clear the other bottle when using a short and tall bottle. When I use my Mec I find that a short powde bottle and a tall shot bottle both last about the same number of shells.

7. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

Gentlemen I thank you for all your input. I should of maybe told you the reason I was thinking of changing to the larger bottle is two fold.
    1. I can not use the mec funnel with the short bottle because the bottle support won't allow it to go down all the way without the baffle. I removed it.
    2. I can get more power

8. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

This is the set up that I use and put on all my loaders that I sell, also a funnel that just tried one day and it worked and it is free or a cost of a bottle of water.

thanks
    lee
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I've been using tall bottles for powder and shot for at least 18 years and with no added baffles or MEC bottle supports. I see the shot bottle do a lot of wiggling when full but never a failure. When the bottle(s) get a little difficult to see through clearly, I just replace them. My remarks would have to be "No Problem."......Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.