1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

used youth trap stock-sx-1 wanted

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hoot619, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoot619

hoot619 Member

My grandson wants to shoot trap. I figure my sx-1 field can be made into a trap gun for him.Probable a full size trap stock could be cut down and cut the modified barrel down install some kind of a choke set up for him. Already drilled for shell catcher By Bob B. He was a good one.
    He is going on 10 is of small stature. How far should I cut the barrel back. Any more advice Please fell free to give. He will be shooting light loads.Thanks Ken Uhlbeck

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Ken a 26 inch barrel with tubes should be fine. The stock will need to be very short. I have a trap stock that is short( 13 Inches I think)so if you are interested let me know.. Jeff sx1jeff@Yahoo.com P.S I have a matching pair( length) oner is skeet the other is trap. You can have the pair for 150 bucks plus 10 for freight. Jeff

3. hoot619

hoot619 Member

I'm trying to get by as cheaply as I can. I know the super X field of mine will do the job. It will save putting money out for a gun. It will cost enough to get the barrel cut and choke installed. Thanks for the replies so far. I don't care if the stock isn't nice it doesn't effect the shooting. Ken

4. hoot619

hoot619 Member

SuperxJeff I sent you a couple of e-mails Ken

5. hoot619

hoot619 Member

I got a couple, thanks every one. Now when Jon gets up here for the summer will start feeding him a lot spinach. Got to build him up so he can hold it up. Thanks again. Ken

6. hoot619

hoot619 Member

SuperXJeff, I picked up the stocks today and they were in excellent shape.
    When he gets shooting he will have a sharp looking trap gun. Now I have the barrels the stocks . Now I have to pick one to shortened and get tubed. Then to get him strong enough to shoulder and shoot. That will come in time and really can't hurry that too much. Thanks to all who helped. Ken Uhlbeck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.