1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

used side/sides in the UK

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by romie, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

I am going to england and would like to find some good reputable dealers of used shotguns.Going in Sepember.Looking for used S/S
    Monty

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Used SxS in the UK are a drug-on-the-market ... you have to kick them out of the way to get firm-footing on pavement.

Where, geographically, are you going?

What are you wanting (as in: maker, quality, gauge/chambers ..)?

Do you know how to fully evaluate a used gun, or do you need to buy from a dealer who has gone through it, and tuned/tweaked, etc.?

Have you looked at the BATF site to see what's involved in importing a gun? There's some grief, but it's not a real big deal.

On google, you can find numbers of Brit arms dealers, and we have more than a few Brits here who may be able to assist.

Bob

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I'll be there in September as well (I'm there three to six times per year on business).

What part of the UK are you going to??

Feel free to e-mail me directly (drop the X's) if you want specific names, etc.

David D

4. romie

romie Active Member

I am going to London first andcoming back through Edinburgh Scotland.I know just enough about s/s to get riped off.I have contacted a few about particular gun that they have but they have been slow to respond.I want to do some early scouting so I won't waste any time.My wife dosen't seem to be real intrested in gun shopping.
    MOnty

5. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Atkin Grant & Lang, Broomhill Leys, Windmill Road, Markyate, St Albans, Hertfordshire. AL3 8LP.

See a large selection of quality used guns at the Midland Game Fair 18th & 19th September 2010 Weston Park, Weston Under Lizard, Shifnal, Shropshire

6. autogun

autogun Member

I have bought from East Grinstead Guns. East Grinstead is about an hour south of London by train. Very reliable and well regarded in the UK. They have previously advertised in Double Gun Journal and are able to do export. They have a website with their guns listed to you can get an idea ahead of time, One of the owners learned his trade as a stocker at Purdeys,as I recall. Call ahead, they will describe guns and answer questions and give directions. The big names are fun to visit but they want too much for their guns. Enjoy.

7. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

"Used" is not a familiar term across the pond, but "second hand"..

8. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Monty, If she isn,t that interested leave her home. LOL BIll

9. Bob Merkov

Bob Merkov Member

Good luck with leaving her home! Let us know how you make out with that idea...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.