1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Used Ponsness Warren question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JRANDALL1, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRANDALL1

JRANDALL1 Member

I recently picked up a used PW reloader. Upon disassembly and cleaning I realized the shot and powder bottles both have a horrible odor. They are the older tall bottles. They have soaked over night in hot soapy water. And the smell is still there. How do I get rid of the smell??

2. 338reddog

338reddog Member

What does it smell like? LOL, Mine smell bad to and I don't want to say what they smell like cause someone will ask " how do you know what that smells like?"
    Mine seem to smell less the more I use them. It used to be so bad I hated to take the lids off. Maybe a dryer sheet put in the bottle would help.

3. 548

548 Guest

Sold at Sam's Club. I like it. Has many uses.

[​IMG]

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Buy the pyrex one for Jim Skeel on here. Best thing I ever done

5. Rubicon_Joey

Rubicon_Joey Active Member

Thought Jim used plexiglass?

I would just measure them and order glass tube online somewhere (ebay), it's really not that expensive (definitely cheaper than the replacements Jim sells)....

6. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Buy the whole replacement top from Jim! Best money you'll ever spend on a PW. They don't smell.

Bob Schultz

7. lofat2

lofat2 TS Member

Jim`s top set up is the best. Mine was received broken & he sent me another only asking that the broken one was returned to him. He`s a straight shooter & his products are top notch.
    Bob Barnes

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Put in diswasher first before doing anything and make certain you have the reservoir filled with that anti spotting liquid

Regards from Iowa

Gene

9. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

You can buy replacement tubes from P/W. They only offer them in 12" length. The 12" tubes are $14.95.

Otherwise you can buy my Acrylic reservoirs but you will need an EZ-FILL base to mount them on. I also offer a set of reservoirs with a PYREX glass tube on the powder reservoir.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.