1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

USED LJUTIC DIXIE SPECIAL VS. NEW CAESAR GUERINI

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PINOYSHOOTER, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PINOYSHOOTER

PINOYSHOOTER Member

Opinion please:

Which one to buy (say cost is same) - Almost new condition Ljutic Dixie Special 34" barrel fixed full choke, pull trigger with Wenig roll over stock and Ljutic metal case or a brand new Caesar Guerini Summit 34" unsingle barrel release trigger.

Thank you for your opinion.

LCL

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have not heard of trigger failures on a CG was it on the 2nd shot? And inertia failed to set second trigger?

I would take the CG Dixie Specials are much older in theb n$3000-$3500 range.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

It's kind of hard to compare these two guns. They have completely different configurations. Stocks, chokes, triggers, barrels, ribs. About as different as you can get in a SBT.

Wayne

4. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Take the Guerini. Thousands of shooters love them.
    Ljutic's are good guns but the resale is poor.

5. bbdanging

bbdanging TS Member

You got your ass kicked by a Ljutic. Noone won with a gooreenee try, and fix a trigger on a gooree Ljutic or Perazzi if you are serious

6. ABH

ABH Member

LCL,

Go with the one that fits you the best.Shoot both first if possible.If dependability is a concern,then the Ljutic is about as good as it gets,bar none.

ART H.

7. bbdanging

bbdanging TS Member

Art is correct, if you want somthing for a lifetime - Ljutic, you look at the design ease of maintenace something made for trap from the ground up Ljutic /perazzi shoot both

8. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

These are two wildly different guns. The CG has the ability to have an O/U set added at a later date. Other than that, the Ljutic is the better gun. Easier to maintain and it simply won't fail you.

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Buy the Ljutic. Most of the ones you see for sale at the low end prices are 30-40+ years old and have mucho rounds through them. Rebuild one,and that one will last another 40 years. How long has the CG been around, 4 years? What do you think a CG will be worth in 40 years? Apples and oranges........

10. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

I own both. Both are very good guns, but as another poster said, they are very different guns. The rib height is very important. What rib does the Dixie Special have? I like the Pro rib...it's a bit taller than most fixed ribs at 0.70". Also, the Ljutic is very easy to work on, and is a real workhorse. The triggers can be made to be among the best out there...crisp with no take-up or creep. I also own a Blaser...let me tell you, the Ljutic triggers are VERY GOOD. What's not to like? Depreciation? Buy it right and benefit from that depreciation. If you buy the Dixie Special or any other stainless gun, check for galling. The CG is a state-of-the-art gun. The top single is much more akin to the Ljutic. Has very good triggers and barrels. Life-time warranty and excellent service. For a shooting tool, this is important. Very different guns. Both fine. Which works best fore you?

WNCRob

11. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Have you noted the New (used)adjustable ribbed Ljutic for sale on TS.COM...very nice price...asking $5100, I think. DEAL!

WNCRob

12. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

I vote for the Ljutic.Only from holding other shooters guns. Never shot one, but have a keen interest in the design and construction aspects of shotguns in general. Buy American!

Harry

13. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Both guns are good. I have shot both guns and own a Guerini and like it.
    If it was me in you case I would go with the New Caesar Guerini. It has a life time warranty and 3 pit stops free. You can go wrong with a new gun. Also you can a O/U barrel latter down the road if you want to.

14. bbdanging

bbdanging TS Member

TM1 would be perfect for you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
kolar vs ljutic

ljutic dixie special

ljutic vs kolar