1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Used KX-5 or New Guerini Summit Trap?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JD Jake, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JD Jake

JD Jake Member

What do you think?

2. cowsranchers

cowsranchers TS Member

Buy the new gun and dont look back - They shoot sweet . Chas

3. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

New or used KX-5 or KS-5 special. Guerenni is, I have been told, mostly just a very pretty face backed with strong promotion. I was told this by a 'smith who is well known (works for factory on a high grade line of competition shot guns) and by a big dealer of high grade German, Italian, and English shotguns. Sure the G gun may shoot nice when it's new, but for how long? Already, there are alleged trigger issues with the G gun as per the word at my local range that also sells the G gun in the pro shop.

4. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

My wife shoots a CG, has had no issue with funcition. Had great service from the folks at CG.(Had the gun fitted with unsingle barrel.)It is a very nice gun backed by good people. The only draw back to the K5 is you cannot make it a combo. JMHO. Jake

5. Bridger

Bridger Member

What do you expect from a gunsmith who works on Guerini's competition? Hardly an unbiased view. I have no experience with them but have read numerous times how great the support is from the factory. They're a new company trying to break into the market and there seem to be a lot of satisfied customers. I wouldn't put much faith into remarks made by someone who works for another company.

6. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

These are very different guns, and fit may well be an issue. I shoot a Ljutic for singles and h'cap, and a Guerini Trap O/U for doubles. I am very happy with the Guerini, as it has a high adjustable rib and comb, which fits my physique and shooting style very well. It is a very solid shooting gun, although I have added about 7 ounces to the butt to achieve a more neutral balance...the stock gun is a bit light (8.75 lbs) and balance is biased towards the muzzle, which many shooters prefer (especially Kolar shooters). I shoot with two fellows who own KX-5's, and they love them...but my Guerini does not fit them. You should be happy with either gun, but fit and balance preferences may dictate which gun is best for you.

Rob M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

used caesar guerini summit trap

used guerini summit trap
used summit trap