1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Used Kolar Values

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Beretta687EELL, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Make sure the serial # isn't 0040X (I can't remember what the last digit was) ... it might be mine, which was stolen. Value would be around $6,000 plus or minus, depending on condition and extras, like release hammers and choke tubes. The .740 bore guns were too muzzle heavy for some. Some of the early release triggers had some issues, but should be fixed by now. Bill Malcolm

2. pumpernck

pumpernck Member

I have two combo sets. Paid $7500 each. that I feel is a bit high in this market. 1 came with release hammers for it. I feel somewhere in the $6-7K range is a fair price for a good used set. It depends on the condition of the gun though.

3. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

These guys have it right. I (JMO) think starting around 5500.00 then add 500.00-600.00 for release hammers (Both) sets. The older guns i think(JMO) with the .740 bore are the "Best". Joe joe90t

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I can't help with your value question but I'll say this -- the more I learn about Kolar and the grade of people who work there, the more impressed I am. Tom Hahn in particular.

-Gary

5. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

I just traded in my 7xx serial number standard rib combo for 6500 on a new max low profile. I think a 6500 -7000 range for a pull trigger combo thats in nice shape is on the button.Some of the early guns had issues with triggers fan firing.I'd give Keith a call up at Kolar, he'll tell you the suttle changes along the way.For the most part they really haven't changed much since the beginning.Just my two cents. Great guns and great people to deal with, should you need to.

6. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Bjk1972, you are going to love your new gun. I had the high rib max ta and traded for a max ta low profile and it is a thing of Beauty to shoot. I got mine on a Thursday and run 100 straight with it in a ATA event on Saturday. Of coarse I fell in love with it. Great gun, great people

7. 1166

1166 Member

How much lower is the low profile (inches) t/a max than the high t/a max rib on the unsingle ?

8. 1166

1166 Member

Does any one know the cost of a new rib for the 750 bore t/a max?

9. red hammer

red hammer Member

If you want to Mary it then get it but if you every try to sell you will loose you tail never seen anything go down as much as a kolar if you don't be leave me just call any dealer and try to trade it maybe 2500.00 sorry you ask

10. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Red hammer is still smarting from a deal gone bad. He paid retail and sold for wholesale. Ljutic has low resale as well. The best deal is to buy one used. Just like cars, most shotguns take a depreciation hit from new to used. Great gun and great service from a top notch company.

Kolar shooter since 2004.

11. Kolar233

Kolar233 TS Member

Like Joe90T said, getting both sets of hammers for your gun is important. The hammers (both pull and release), are specific to each gun and not interchangeable, they must be fit to it.

12. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

@1166, Not sure of the difference between the high and the low profile rib, but my new low profile is a little over a 1/4"taller than my old flat rib. I think just the rib is around $275.

@Kolar233, very true, I learned that the hard way. Bought a set of release hammers and a hook(matched).I should have asked Keith before purchase. Lesson learned. Keith did offer to work with me using what I have and giving me a break should I have release added.

13. citadel

citadel Active Member

The values posted above are right on. I just sold a beautiful TC 30/34 unsingle combo for $7,000 and bought a nearly untouched one year old TA 32/34"high rib unsingle combo with both hammer sets for just under 10,000.
    Both had the Americase and tools, chokes, the works.
    The guns are great and as everyone has said the Kolar service is unbeatable. That seems to go for Kolar owners also. Both guys I dealt with we're excellent to do business with.
    Doug

14. wlc

wlc Member

I have a Kolar TA and have no interest in selling it. I have, over the years, bought new 3 Perazzi's and one Krieghoff. I lost money on every one of them when I sold. When I buy a new shotgun, I buy what I think I'll keep forever. If and when I decide to sell I accept the loss as part of the price of playing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.