1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Used car-need help

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tcr1146, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Boys, I need help. Bought a good clean used car for work but there are some issues! Could you pm me if you have experience with Park Avenues both mechanically and with body issues!? To whet your appetite the following are issues:

1. Gas guage does not work but warning light does when you get low.
    2. Child proof security (back doors)-adult proof also-will not open.
    3. Power steering-turns smoothly and properly clockwise but you better
    grab hold to turn left!

Thanks, Tom Rhoads

2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Ive had gas gage problems in the past due to a bad ground wire.

Also, if your car has rack & pinion steering the rack assy. may be bad. I had a Honda that would jerk the wheel out of your hands on occasion.

Regards....Gerald

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You don't mention the year, but my LeSabre has little levers inside the back door for the child security. You can open the door from the outside if the system is unlocked but not the inside, depending on the lever position.

Since the car is new to you maybe you didn't catch it. Looks like it shouldn't be hard to get at if it's busted.

HM

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

tom---you buy expensive guns and cheap cars. think about this. if you bought cheap guns and shells and expensive cars you would not have that type of problem. The fix is to jack up the radiator cap and drive a new car under it, then replace the radiator cap. that is THE OFFICIAL FIX from the MOROTDOCTOR HISSELf. Good luck

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

You more than likely need a rack and pinion. They are pretty easy on those models, but I've done a lot of them and it may not be so easy for a do it yourselfer.

6. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

IF THE WARNING LIGHT IS WORKING , THE SENDING UNIT IS PROBABLY OKAY. SOUNDS LIKE THE GAUGE/CLUSTER ITSELF. DITTO ON A BAD RACK&PINION.

7. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Tom: check your P.M Don

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Hey, that 3.8 pushrod V-6 is a great one if it has been cared for. My supercharged Regal V-6 has had no issues outside of a bad heater control cluster. Gets super gas mileage if I stay out of the boost...30 plus mpg on fwy if kept under 70. Really, beats all kinds of foreign cars of its size. I thiink these cars are and were underrated 'cause they were viewed as "cheapo"...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.