1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Use of Whistles - disruptive calls / clubs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BigJohn270, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigJohn270

BigJohn270 Member

I respect the fact that everyone has the right to shoot if they pay their money but when one person is having fun and enjoying themself at the expense of several others, that is not right.
    Her scores may have been just fine but if you were one of the other shooters who's score might not have been all that great due to targets being thrown off of her whistle, that is not fair.

2. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

If you want to find a reason for your misses that isn't your fault that one is as good as any.

jim brown

3. mike T

mike T Member

I agree with Packman 13
    I work in an Radiology dept and I have see my share of folks that have had cancer of their throat and can't talk much if any above a wisper. I shot the Grand this year with a gentelman that had to use a whistle and did not have a problem with it. Glad to see him out and having a good time.

Like Harlam said in his class if you hear or see a distraction look at it then file it away and forget it. Don't let if bother you.

Stop pi** and moaning about it. Get over it........ At least this guy was out having fun. More power to him.

mike t

4. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

How about grunt caller? Wouldn't bother anyone, well except for the laughing maybe?

5. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

It might be easy to file away a distraction if it happened just one time, but if you are on the adjacent trap and hearing the whistle every time just about as you are ready to shoot, it might be harder to ignore.

I feel sorry for those who for some reason can't call for the target, but if they use some artifical noise making device, it should make only enough noise to cause a target to be thrown on their own trap. It's not necessary to make enough noise to be heard 2 or 3 traps away.

Easystreet

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I think the "Whoopie!" cushion, is a gas!

7. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

I've heard whistles, duck calls and all sorts of vocal calls.

None of those bother me EXCEPT when they are loud enough to release MY target from an adjacent trap.

That goes for the hog callers also, who are so loud that they release their target and targets on adjacent traps.

Adios, Dirk

8. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I once cought a shooter on the following station copying my call, not sure if on purpose or just having fun. I proceeded to change my call on each station from that point and he did the same. If nothing else, we kept the rest of the squad in tune for each station change..he claimed he wasn't aware of copying my call and apoligized and the joke was,we, he & I both broke over our averages not paying attention to the laughs we were creating. Really took the pressure off for an afternoon of fun. We became friends & still shoot together when we can.

Big Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.