1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

USC Still #1!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by fssberson, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

USC made quite a statement against Nebraska. The game was not even close as USC had their third string in by the third quarter. SC ran at will-- straight up the middle. A couple of "homie" calls benefitted Nebraska [an interception that was cancelled] and allowed more points than earned. The real threat to USC will come from other teams in the Pac 10 -- Cal and Oregon. UCLA showed that they were all lip and Dorell still deos not have a clue as a coach. Fight On! Fred

2. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Being a seattle resident...i have to say that i'm one of the few here that was glad to see the Buckeyes walk over the Huskies. (born & bred in Grove City, Oh)

So dont think USC will have any worries as far as the huskies are concerned. But then...Huskies aint really been a real threat since Don James.

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I live with a Buckeye [a useless nut] ... wife is from Warren, Ohio. The Huskies appear to be making a turn around and are becoming competitive. Their coach got a raw deal from Notre Dame. Weis won with his players and is losing with Weis's recruits. Oregon looked awsome against Michigan and Cal has been tough for years. I don't know if USC can beat LSU, Oklahoma, or Florida, but we will know by the end of the year. Fred

4. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Fss,

The "real threat" to USC doesn't come from the PAC-10...it comes from the NCAA ethics committee.

("What's in YOUR wallet...")

PS - revsub, I knew there was something I liked about you...just took 42 weeks for me to put my finger on it.

Go Bucks !!!

5. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

Congratulations to the Trojans.

My Husker defense didn't show up , and they know it was a bad performance.

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Buzz Gun: It has been two years and nothing. Let it go. And the Buckeyes have yet to play a ranked team... let see they beat Kent State, Sister's of the Poor, and Washington [a team ranked 9th in the Pac Ten]. When they play PSU then you can walk the talk. Fred

7. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

If you didn't whine in victory I would be more impressed with the USC fans. At least your coach seems to be a class act and the team played well.

I am referring to your comment:

"A couple of "homie" calls benefitted Nebraska [an interception that was cancelled] and allowed more points than earned."

jim brown

8. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

As long as you are impressed with the team. Fred

9. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

usc allowed 41 points in 2 games, so they beat a #14 rank team.... LSU has allowed only 7 points in 3 games, and that was to a #9 rank team. SOunds like the rankings are a little bit favorable.... I think LSU is a better team by far!

10. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

I have never really understood these polls. Seems to me, the #1 team should be the National Champs till they are beaten. How they can be #1 at the end of the season and then drop without playing a game. Guess that is because all of those "experts" who have never wore a jock strap. Same goes for that joke they call the "Heisman Trophy". One conference is paying for T.V. ads for their contenders. What a joke!

Van

11. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

"Seems to me, the #1 team should be the National Champs till they are beaten. "

Nonsense, because its not the same team that will be taking the field the following season. All those seniors who graduated are gone, and a lot of untested players are coming in to take their place. One of the many reasons why college football is so much more interesting than the pro's.

BTW, congrats to USC. They have a powerful squad. They took over the game in the 2nd quarter and never let loose.

Nebraska will be back...we're just not there yet.

timb99...Nebraska alum, class of '83

I bleed Husker (scarlet) red

12. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

No doubt about it....USC is a fine team. Our Huskers just could not stop the run. Best of Luck the rest of the way.

NU letterman 62-65

13. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Dennisw: I am not in disagreement... LSU looked really good against a ranked a opponent. We need to see LSU play some good teams on the road. VAN: Looking for jock straps?? How about the coaches poll?? I haven't put my jock strap on in 40 years [and don't want to], but I can still spot good football talent and the top three teams [not in order] are LSU, Florida, and USC. Fred, USC Alum,'72.

14. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

Let's see didn't Florida win the title last year? Have they been beaten? uh no!!! until someones beats Florida they're number 1. USC might have there hands full with either Florida or LSU. oh I'm a disgrutled Tenn Vol fan. Anyone in need of a Head Coach we've got one for you.
    keith

15. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Just think how the UCLA fans must feel and UCLA extended Dorrell's contract -- he doesn't have a clue. Fred

16. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

"...until someones beats Florida they're number 1..."

Again, that's nonsense.

In college football, you're starting from scratch every year. Seniors graduate and each team is a new team every year.

Unless you win the national championship one year with all freshmen, sophomores, and juniors, and EVERYBODY returned for the following year.

17. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

If that were true, then why are there so few repeat champions?

Because everything is different the next year.

18. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

All these polls really don't mean much right now. When the BCS polls come out, then we shall see. What will hurt USC and others is that old "strength of schedule". USC rights now has only 3 rated teams on their schedule, LSU has 5, Florida has 5, OK. has 3 and WV 3. Texas does play 4 while Ohio State has 2.

The SEC teams that are rated will knock each other out just the nature of the beast or scheduling. Looks like Florida and LSU will probably play twice so one will have at leat one loss or possible 2 and that will be enough to kick one or both of them out.

19. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Strength of schedule is the real determinate and no team has much control over that in that the schedules are made 10 years in advance or by conference. And yes the conference strength will be like canabals. The OK conference looks good on paper with names, but the schools are weak. The SEC has a reputation but really only two or three top teams. The Pac 10 has two other top teams Oregon and Cal... after that pretty weak. Ohio State will be there again but only because the Big 10 is a joke. So it will still come down to USC, LSU, and Florida, maybe OK. I love college football because it changes every year... the NFL is boring. Fred

20. kolar kda

kolar kda TS Member

I STILL SAY SAY THE SOONERS AND THE TIGERS ARE PLAYING FOR 1 AND 2. FLORIDA AND USC WILL LOSE. BOTH THE TIGERS AND THE SOONERS HAVE VERY STRONG DEFENSE AND OFFENSE, I DONT KNOW THE EXACT TIGER STATS BUT I DO KNOW THE SOONERS HAVE OUTSCORED THEIR OPPONENTS 184 TO 26, AND HAVE PLAYED BOTH 2ND AND 3RD STRINGERS ON BOTH OFFENSE AND DEFENSE IN ALL THREE GAMES

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.