1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

USC hires Piece of S*%t coach

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 4andy10, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

Good ridens coach kiffin. What a no class bum, wouldn't even shake Frank Beamer's hand after peach bowl loss. Don't guess he'll have to "sing rocky top all night long after beating Florida" what a phony. Hope the recruits take a long look at him as far as character goes, he has none.

Looking for real head coach in knoxville.

2. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Well there goes recruiting for UT for another year. The Lane Train just derailed The University Of Tennessee for a year of two more. He is an arrogant SOB surrounded by arrogant SOB's (Monte, Orgeron, etc.). Good riddance. He was going to jump from Tennessee sooner or later. Tennessee is better off without him. However, with Monte, Orgeron and Norm Chow he is going to have a hell of staff at USC.

DoubleAuto

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

This is USC's gain and UT's loss. In one year, he made UT competitive, almost beat Alabama and Florida. He is brining along top notch coaches. This is an opportunity of a life time. Any one at 35 years old would jump at making several million a year. These opportunities don't happen often. UT better start paying more IF they want to play with the big boys. Now don't cry about the players... these are the same ones who leave in their sophmore and junior years to do what??? MAKE MONEY IN THE NFL OR NBA. Just "Follow the money!".
    FIGHT ON! Trojan Fred, USC Class of '72

4. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

What kind of contract did this clown have with UT? Did they release him or did he just decide not to honor it?

5. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

I don't care one way or the other who coaches where or which highly rated recruit plays where. I live in KY and follow KY somewhat. John Wall seems to be the real deal so far, but if he has the great year, where will he be next year??? Not playing in Lexington, that is for sure. I guess my point is that college sports are a big business, nothing more, nothing less. College ball is just a minor league for the NBA and the NFL. And in some cases, even the high schools. Ex: LeBron James.....So, give up on this "loyalty" thing in sports. It is about the MONEY, period. Money talks, bs walks. Never more true than in college sports today. I am not talking about the girls Div 3 soccer team. This is Div 1 football and basketball. Yes, I do enjoy watching a good game as much as the next person, but I understand why it all works. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and on and on.
    ps. I did watch the KY vs TN game. That was a good game, we got robbed.
    Have fun, but don't get to tangled up about loyalty.
    Nubs Wagner.

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

So he can chow down .......

7. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

I heard that Norm Chow might be coming back to USC and talks were underway about this. I have also heard that Norm Chow and Kiffin did not get along very well when both were at USC. Lane Kiffin is strictly getting by on his father's name. His assistant and former USC buddy Ed Orgeron was trying to pull University of Tennessee early enrollee recruits off campus to come to USC while A**hole Kiffin was giving his exit speech. Kiffin's mouth, arrogance and thug staff will sooner or later get USC in trouble (more than they are now).

DoubleAuto

8. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Nubs: my daughter just got back from UK after a semester [National Exchange Student scholarship]... she loved the school and the people. Hated the COLD! Which is another reason that students and coaches leave certain areas = the weather. Warm weather areas, So. CA., attract more people. My wife is from Ohio and will testify to coming out here 28 years ago for the weather... then she met me. A lucky break for both of us. My family has become CATS fans. My daughter knows several of the basketball players... let's see how long Wall and Patterson honor their 4 year scholarships. Finally, Los Angeles lost their NFL team 15 years ago... USC and UCLA fill that gap. Go Wild Cats... Fight on Trojans. Damn I love college sports. Fred

9. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

Fred, we moved here from WI to get away from the cold. I guess it all depends on your definition of cold. Although we have seen more winter this year than in all the previous 6 winters we have lived here. There is more shooting here than where I came from and the state shoot is 3 miles from my house.
    My wife is also from Ohio and the weather difference in a 3 1/2 hr. drive is amazing. Blowing blizzard in Ohio and sun in south, central KY.
    I will be pleasantly surprised if they do stay more than 2 years. Like I said, it is about the money. Do you blame them? I don't.
    If you live here, you better bleed blue!!!!!
    Undeated season, unlikely. Final 4, maybe. Go you cats...Nubs.

10. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Nubs: Try to get up to one of the North Hollywood Shoots... Let me know you are coming and we can find you a room. Our house is three miles from the range. Regards: Fred. GO CATS!

11. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

TV money has ruined pro sports and is doing the same to college sports. Look at the stupid bowl games and bowl schedule. And the NCAA is such a poor/bad administrator that they punish the school and not the coaches for infractions. The coach who killed football at SMU (no football for several years) moved right on to another college and pros without any punishment at all. I've givenup on pro sports and about to do the same on college sports....WC

12. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I agree with you. The solution is to have a "penalty clause" in the coach's contract and THE PLAYERS scholarships. 20% penalty for leaving to another program [pro's or collegiate], IF you are found in violation of NCAA rules. So if USC is penalized soon for Reggie Bush and Bush is at fault, his scholarship/contract calls for 20% of his NFL first year amount to be paid to USC. Same with Pete Carrol leaving and found 'dirty' -- 20% of first year $$$'s paid back to USC. This actually penalizes the guilty and makes up for the loss TV revenue, scholarships, etc. Let's start with O.J. Mayo and the fired USC coach. Mayo was guilty in high school, took down USC, and is now a wealthy NBA star with NO penalties. Fred

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.